- Religion and Philosophy
What is Magick?
- The grass and the trees, the dirt and the bees.
- The wave riding winds, and the sensual sands.
- The place where everything ends and begins.
- The look in lovers eyes, the curse that is undenied.
- Blooming of a rose, and the cure for a runny nose.
Magick is... whatever you wish it to be...
When you hear the word "magick", what does it make you think about? Black cats, pointed witchy hats and greasy hook-nosed professors who teach at fictional schools of magic?
Don't feel bad, that's what many people envision when they hear the word. Though for others, and you might be included, there is a large difference between the magic of hollywood and creative fiction writers. There is a real power out there, that travels on the winds and settles into every part of our lives. It may not be as spectacular as all those hollywood effects, but it's no less amazing or enchanting.
Tools of the Trade
When it comes to magick, there is no lack of tools or tricks that you can use to raise, direct and manifest energy. Some that are commonly used:
- Energy Medicine
- Conscious Living
- Intentional Thinking
Magick is commonly associated as the source which inter-terrestrial creatures use. Deities, mythological creatures, elementals and the fae are some beings said to use magick to conceal themselves and to bring about resources for their own needs. These inter-terrestrial creatures have been recorded in since human beings first learned to depict the world around them, and then more when language became more pronounced (no pun intended).
Many still debate the actual existence of such inter-terrestrial beings, though there presence can not be completely denied either. Due to the unlimted potential of quantum energy (magick), and the naturally high skill level that said inter-terrestrial beings are claimed to possess, it is not likely that this debate will be officially solved any time soon (even if some feel the debate ended long ago).
Did this hub make sense?
So what is Magick really?
I can only give you an explanation based on my own experiences, knowledge and understanding. So bare in mind that your understanding of magick may be or become something entirely different. That being said, I will leave you with two explanations.
The first is fairly straight-forward:
Magick is the art or method of gathering and manipulating quantum energy to manifest ones will or intent into a tangible or physical form.
To be more detailed, this second explanation is going to be a bit more complicated. From a spiritual understanding, magick just is. In order to use it, you don't need to know how it works. You only need to know that it does work. From a metaphysical and slightly more scientific point of view, it's important to understand, to the extent we are able, what magick is and what makes it work. Which is why I've spent so much time pursuing just that sort of wisdom.
In general, magick is the method. It's the way we go about connecting with the endless source of creative and destructive energy that pulses throughout the entire universe. For thousands of years, humans have known that the energy was there, though it wasn't until the last few years that empirical science started to catch up and uncover proof of the existence of such energy - now known as Quantum Energy or Quantum Liquid. They found it through a method of supercooling atoms (formerly the tiniest particle ever found), which sent the tiny masses into a state of non-liquid fluidity. Basically, the atoms turned into pure energy. Instead of floating around aimlessly and randomly, the atoms came together and worked as team.
The next step for scientists, is uncovering processes for which they can use to send instructions to the quantum matter now created. A process that witches, shamans, healers, empaths, druids and spiritual gurus have been using for eons. A process that ironically, is the easiest one in the world to use.
What is it that these esoterically educated people have been doing? They've been uncovering, studying, recording, planning, preparing, practicing and passing on the best methods, skills and tools known to call the most energy, align with it the most accurately and then give it direction. Now, to be technical, magick is commonly defined as the actual process that happens during the practice of methods used to gain access to divine energy, and the actual manifestation that materializes from the will of the magickal practitioner. Though personally, I consider the whole process to be magick. For many like myself, magick is more than just the actual phenomenon of quantum manifestation, it is a lifestyle and a complete spiritual path.
Getting away from personal opinions, you could say that magick is energy raised in one form, then directed and called back to you in another form. To try and help cultivate a firmer understanding, a few examples might be:
- You create a collage of pictures that symbolize the attributes you wish to gain or the possessions you seek to have in your life. You place the collage somewhere in your home or office where you will regularly see it and think about your goals and desires. The energy starts out as your intent-filled thoughts, which guided you to create the collage (the tool), which you use to raise or call energy to you (the method), which is then directed to out into the universe to find similar energy to bring back into your life in the way you desire. The energy finds the items or helps you gain the attributes that you sought, and brings those items or attributes into your life.
- A prosperity spell is preformed to call wealth into your life. You tie up a hand drawn dollar bill with a green ribbon and then burn it in the flame of a candle. While you were doing this, you were thinking about the prosperity you wish to bring into your life, which starts the process of raising or calling energy to you. This energy wants to have direction, and will attach itself to your will or intent. The newly informed energy takes on your desire, which has been directed into the fake money which was burned in the flame. The flame has it's own energy, a very powerful and chaotic one. The fire energy doubles the amount of quantum energy involved, which is then directed to seek energy that is like itself and bring it back to you. Now, depending on the firmness of your belief in your ability to visualize what you want to manifest, the energy that will be paper money. If you had a concrete picture of how much money, what it smells like, feels like, looks like, etc... you are likely to find plenty of real money turning up in your life. Though if you didn't truly believe it could be done, you're likely to find more fake paper money turning up. It's magick all the same, and likewise, if you set your financial goal higher then your level of belief in your ability to manifest that money, your likely to only see small and seemingly insignificant amounts of money coming in. Whereas if you were realistic in your belief, you could actually call exact amounts into your life.
Honestly, magick can be as simple as deciding that you want to be free from obesity. The magick is you finding the tools and resources needed to lose the weight, then you actually losing the weight. In the end, you manifest a new you. Or magick can be as complicated as tapping into the collective consciousness for ancient wisdom used to advance our entire species. It be as shallow or go as deep as you wish it to go. Magick is simply the process of going from point (A) where you desired something to happen, to point (B) where you called and directed that energy, to point (C) where your desires materialized or manifested in your life. Basically, "magick" is a way of describing the phenomenon that materializes the manifestations you called for.