- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
What the Bible Says About Gays and Homosexuality
Is Homosexuality a sin ?
There are many misconceptions about what the Bible (which many view as the word of God) says and doesn't say about homosexuals.
Is it considered a sin, or immoral ?
I think this requires a deeper look at what people consider sin, or the lack there of.
There are many verses throughout the Bible that discusses, and answers these questions.
What the Bible Says About Homosexuality
Homosexuality is repeatedly referred to as sin. Bible Verses that talk about homosexuality. Romans 1:24-32, Genesis 19 , Leviticus 18:22 ; 20:13, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 , Galatians 5:19-21 , Ephesians 5:3-6, 1 Timothy 1:9,10 , Jude 7.
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. (Romans 1:26-28)
Homosexuality is the practice of same-sex desires, acts, lusts, pride, and identity. Homosexuality goes against what God portrays in the Gospel about marriage.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9 – ESV “nor men who practice homosexuality” (refers to passive & active partners in homosexual acts)
- Malakos (Greek) – effeminate, of a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man, submits his body to unnatural lewdness
- Arsenokoites (Greek) – homosexual, one who lies with a male as with a female, sodomite, homosexual (1 Tim 1:10, 1 Cor 6:9)
- What Does the Bible Say About Polygamy? Pedophilia? Bestiality?
- What About Gender Identity Issues ?
- What Should I do if I'm Struggling With Homosexual Sin and Temptation ?
- How Should we Treat Family and Friends who are Gay ?
- Should Christians be for or Against Homosexuality ?
- Can Someone be a Gay Christian ?
- Is Same Sex Attraction a Sin ?
- Does God Create Gays, Can Someone be Born Gay ?
- What the Bible says about homosexuality.
- Is God Anti-Gay ?
- What the Bible Says About Homosexuality, Lesbians, Transgenders, and Bi-sexuals : What Does the Bibl