Atheist, Agnostics, Satanist, and Wiccans: What it would take for this Christian to Not Believe in God.
I answer a question proposed by many atheists
If you are reading this Hub thinking I am going to bash Christians, agnostics, or atheist, you are reading the wrong article. I am going to answer the question about belief, and try not to seem like a self-righteous jackass. Furthermore, if you are easily offended, one should not read this article. I would stop believing in God if any of the following happened:
1. Aliens would have to come to earth and provide undeniable proof that they changed the DNA in monkeys to create us.
2. I would have to be dead for at least a few minutes, and I would have to remember nothing when revived.
3. That every mystery or prophesy in the bible could be disproven. This includes the destruction and the creation of Israel (I already know about the coincidence argument, so, please, do not bring it up). I have done my research, and I do not wish to start a debate on this issue (pick another topic, and I might play with you).
4. Bigfoot turns out to be real. I would really have to wonder why God decided to leave him in the evolutionary past.
5.Okay, now I am going to bend the question a little. Jesus Christ turns out not to be the Savior and Jason Bieber is the messiah. I would no longer believe in the God of the bible, and I would put a rubber glove on my head and tell everyone I am an octopus (life would have no meaning).
6. God turns out to be the Angry God of the Old Testament. I would no longer believe in the God of the bible, but it would not matter anyway because I would be human barbecue.
7. God turns out to be evil. I in no way agree with this argument, but I can understand where someone could conceive such an idea (Time Magazine wrote an article about it).
8. God turns out to be just one of us. If various takes on religion are right and we can become Gods, I would stop believing. I would, and so would you, make a terrible God.
9. Vampires turn out to exist and they sparkle in the sun. The universe would be too absurd to believe in any God.
10. The Mayan's would be right about the 2012 apocalypse. In that case, we all lose.
11. I would no longer believe in the God of the bible if people who committed suicide really did burn in hell (they go from one hell to another?). At one time in my life, I felt like I was a mouse in a blender. The blades would keep cutting and all I wanted was out. It really did seem like hell to me.
In closing, I hope you had a snicker or chuckle or two while reading this article.