How to Meditate
Pastor Dr. Carlotta
Our Spirit meets God's Spirit
WELCOME TO Dr. Pastor Carlotta Boles Counseling Center. Meditation is a deep level of solitude which is reached when our souls enter into silent exploration and personal dialogue between self and the creator. With explaning this, I would like to take you through steps in how to Meditate.
1. Have a private place. Find a suitable place to go, where you will be undisturbed and unhurried.
2. Relax. Clam down and let all your worries and the multiplicity of our daily life be left behind you as you prepare yourself to commune with your inner being and your Creator.
3. God's presence. Invite God's presence and His Spirit to watch over you and help you in meditation.
4. Calm yourself. Breath deeply and calmly. This will help you in relaxation and concentration.
5. Topic choice. Choose a topic to meditate on. This could be a Scripture verse, an event in your life, or the Bible.
To meditation should revolve around Christ in relation to your personal life. Take the inner wounds, hurts, and pains and gently bring their roots to the healing light of the Master. Slowly and gently enter one particular area of our lives into personal dialogue. The ultimate goal of dialogue meditation is to bring down every imagination, emotion, or power that is exalted above Christ and His kingdom. It is to purify your thoughts, your heart, and motives, and build up an intimate relationship with God and yourselves.
The meditation I am talking about is not eastern meditation which is fragmentary, dependent and incomplete. It lacks and stops short of something. That something is what Christian meditation is all about, bringing us face to face with reality of life offered to us by those wounded hands of Jesus.