FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2)
WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2)
To WALK BY SIGHT is the complete opposite of to WALK BY FAITH. It is walking like a blind man groping and waving his white stick before him to find his way. Why is walking by sight described as a blind man? You only see what is in front of you and you react by your body stimuli, not your spirit and not realizing the pitfalls of your actions. A body has has a mind and soul, and when you walk by sight, you use your mind, and not your spirit, which is given by God. When you follow God, your path will lead to salvation.
To WALK BY FAITH in Jesus Christ is having a glorious light shining in front of us for Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. He can guide our footsteps for us to become accepted as children of God in a sinful world full of chaos, violence and despair. In the New Testament, God had promised to shower us with the Holy Spirit to teach and guide us into all truths. The Holy Spirit is God's multi facets of truth, holiness, wisdom, judgment and grace to teach us to be worthy children of God.
WALK BY FAITH would eventually lead us to SALVATION of our souls whereas WALK BY SIGHT would eventually make us go straight down to HELL.
Human beings are born with two eyes to see and to learn a multitude of information. About 75% of learning is attributed to sight, and the other senses are hearing, taste, smell and touch which make up the five senses. They all are contributors to learning of information. Without sight, the other senses still function as learning aids. Sight therefore plays a major role in the learning process. Our eyes absorb what information is placed before us, and we act upon it. We do not consider the consequences of our actions.
Millions of people use their eyesight to go about mundane things like walking and avoiding bumping into others or colliding with objects in their paths. Young babies would recognize their mothers and response to their biddings. When they are a bit older, they go to school to learn more of the things around them until they are about sixteen. Some go on for further studies to university while others go out to work for their living. Sight is very essential for learning information, but not for spiritual discernment.
THE LUST OF THE EYES
Walking by sight means following our emotions to accomplish whatever is desirable in front of our eyes without much forethought. We react according to our emotions and stimuli.. Some people may see something beautiful and thank God for their beauty, but others react otherwise and have envy in their hearts. The envy may turn to hatred and hatred if unchecked may even end in murder. King Saul was jealous of David when the Hebrew women danced on the street singing that Saul had killed thousands of enemies, but David tens of thousands. King Saul's self esteem plummeted and he plotted to kill David on many occasions. He did not rely on God who made him the first king of Israel, and did not walk by faith, but relied on the flesh which led to his destruction.
AMNON AND SOLOMON
DAVID'S SON, AMNON RAPED HIS SISTER, TAMAR
Amnon fell in love with his step-sister, Tamar and raped her. Her brother Absalom waited two years for an opportunity before he had Amnon killed (2 Samuel 13). Absalom was later killed by Joab, David's nephew. It is tragic that the sin of Amnon led to the death of the two sons of David. If Amnon had walked in faith like David, he would not end up dead because of the anger of Absalom.
Solomon also succumbed to the lust of the eyes by his marrying a multitude of wives. He was greatly blessed by God, and was the wisest of all men, accumulating a wide variety of knowledge. But alas, he was overwhelmed by his insatiety for women.
1 Kings 11:3-4
- And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
- For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father.
The lust of the eyes stimulates the person into sinful thoughts accumulating in sexual desire to possess the object to satisfy the lust of the eyes. Once the desire is present, it is difficult to put a stop to it. It is like putting a stop to a surge of electricity to the brain. The excitement is the chase rather than the object. The appeal of Hollywood is designed to influence the mass appeal to satisfy the lust of the eyes.
LUST AFTER BEAUTY
- Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
- But I say unto thee, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committeth adultery with her already in his heart.
The eyes are open most of the time unless we sleep, which makes sight more active than the other four senses of the body. Some people are content with their lives, but others who are less fortunate are green with envy with the more affluent. They try to emulate them. This is keeping up with the Joneses. No matter how much they try, they fail for fame and fortune seem to elude them out of their greedy grasps.
1 Timothy 6:6-9
- But godliness with contentment is great gain.
- For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
- And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
- But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
LOVE OF MONEY
MONEY by itself is not sinful for you can accomplish a lot by using it in the right direction by giving to charity, alms and other causes, but the love of money and how you scheme and slog to obtain money for yourself in devious ways may lead you to your downfall.
1 Timothy 6:10
- For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
- He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.
- He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.
The devil knows the weakness of the human race. What the eyes see, the eyes want to have more. There are lots of men and women who want to keep up with the Jones, their frienda, neighbours or their bosses. They see the benefits that money brings to the affluent, so they scheme to get rich. They may end up with fraudulent schemes or become as compulsive gamblers who want to get rich quickly. This also leads to destruction. Apostle John uses flesh to describe evil cravings. Lust is a desire to enjoy the fleeting pleasures which the flesh lusts after. You are able to receive pleasure through your physical senses. You can see, hear, taste, touch, and smell things that bring pleasure to your heart, mind and soul through your body. The body is linked to the immortal spiritual part and the temporary physical part of you.. The Bible tells us that eternal, spiritual things are more important than physical temporary things.
1 John 2:16
- For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
SEVEN DEADLY SINS
The Lord hates these seven deadly sins.
- These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
- A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.
- An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief.
- A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
POINTS ON DESTROYING LUST
The main principle on destroying lust is through the supernatural power of Jesus Christ. Though Jesus died over 2,000 years ago, He left His Spirit, the Holy Spirit of God who dwells in the hearts of His disciples to combat and conquer any evil encounters. The following steps are as follows:
1. Confess, repent your sins of lust to God through faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Walk by faith in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16)
- This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
3. Put lust to death by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:13)
- For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
4. Flee youthful lusts (2 Timothy 2:22)
- Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
5. Be dead to sin (Romans 6:7-8)
- For he that is dead is freed from sin.
- Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him.
6. Denying ungodliness ( Titus 2:12)
- Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
7. Live According to the Will of God (1 Peter 4:1-2)
- Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
- That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
8. The Truth shall make you Free (John 8:32)
- And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
9. Submit yourself to God (James 4:7-8)
- Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
- And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts
10. Crucify the flesh (Galatians 5:24)
- And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Praise and thank God that we can free ourselves from the lust of the flesh through faith in Jesus Christ with the help of the Holy Spirit who can subdue our fleshly lusts. WALK NOT BY SIGHT FOR IT LEADS TO HELL. THE WAY TO HEAVEN IS TO WALK BY FAITH.
All glory to God.
FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT http://hubpages.com/hub/forwewalkbyfaithnotbysight
GOD'S MANIFESTATIONS: THE HOLY SPIRIT AND JESUS CHRIST http://hubpages.com/hub/godsmanifestationsholyspiritjesuschrist
GOD'S MANIFESTATION: HOLY SPIRIT (SYMBOLISM) (1) WATER http://hubpages.com/hub/holyspiritsymbolismwater
GOD'S MANIFESTATION: HOLY SPIRIT (SYMBOLISM) (2) FIRE http://hubpages.com/hub/godsmanifestationholyspiritsymbolismfire
GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT IS JESUS' HOLY SPIRIT http://hubpages.com/hub/godholyspiritisjesusholyspirit
For We Walk by Faith, Not by Sight (2)
Do you know that when we walk by faith, this leads to salvation?
Do you know that when we walk by sight, we will fall because we are lured by lust of the flesh?
- FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT
fam3.static.flicker.com In the Book of 2 Corinthians 5:7, Paul tells us that as Christians, we walk by faith and not by sight. The steps to Salvation are steps of faith in Christ, leading to heaven, which we...
© 2009 einron