- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
Are You an Old Soul? Take This Quiz
The definition and qualities of an old soul are
debatable. In an everyday sense, the term old soul relates to a very mature
individual. In a spiritual sense, it’s someone who has lived many more
lifetimes than average.
Over 25 years of empirical research involving past
life regression has shown us that being an older soul having had many more
lifetimes than the average soul does not automatically equate to being a wiser
and more spiritually advanced individual. Many young souls are just as
spiritually adept as those souls having endured more physical incarnations.
While an apprentice in his 7th year of study may not be any more skilled and knowledgeable than a 3rd year apprentice, so might a soul having lived 530 lifetimes may not be any more further along the path of self-actualization than a soul having lived 175 lifetimes.
Therefore, we refer to an older soul as wiser than
average, and more spiritually advanced in relation to the ultimate goal of
finishing the cycle of reincarnation.
Older soul status is ultimately derived through
successfully overcoming challenges in past lives through unconditional love and
honorable action, instead of negative actions such as cheating, stealing,
lying, and otherwise hurting others which incurs negative karma.
Below we list a questionnaire to help you assess your
spiritual progress. Select your initial response (Agree 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Disagree) to the following:
1) You always comply to and refuse to question social
customs no matter how outdated and even detrimental they may seem.
2) You always strive primarily for your own interests
in dealing with others, no matter what the consequences.
3) Whenever “doing the right thing” requires you to
take initiative and go against the desires of the majority involved, you don’t
take action in favor of avoiding conflict.
4) You avoid “doing the right thing” if it is
contrary to your self-interest, and certainly if you can get away with it.
5) You’re very dishonest and it doesn’t bother you to
operate in such a way.
6) You let your emotions rule your thinking, focus
heavily on past offenses, and refuse to consider all the facts in an argument.
7) You find it almost impossible to understand
another’s viewpoint and you refuse to try.
8) You never feel guilty, especially when nobody
9) You are likely to take revenge when someone wrongs
10) You take the easy way out instead of paying your
11) You believe sexuality is a “preference” and think
it’s impossible for someone to be born gay or bi.
12) You believe individuals who don’t identify fully
with their gender need therapy.
13) You adhere to a traditional religion and reject
those who aren’t of your faith.
14) You believe flashes of insight you receive can
really only be of the brain, and write off the idea of gut instinct, psychic
ability, or intuition as imaginary.
15) You believe that you have a brain and a body, and don’t believe in the
concept of the soul, or the soul being eternal.
16) You believe you have only one life to live, that
past lives don’t exist, and that karma is a myth.
17) You believe you are your race, you’ve never lived past lives as a different
race, and it’s very challenging for you to imagine what it’s like to be of a
18) You greatly dislike ever spending time alone and
need to always be around other people.
19) You believe meditation is a foolish practice and
that it doesn’t offer any health benefits or peace of mind.
20) You’re convinced the world is a very unjust
21) You believe almost everyone you know owes you.
22) You usually avoid taking responsibility for your
You’ve likely realized by now that the higher you scored, the more likely it is
that you’re an older soul.
It’s important to acknowledge that old souls can and
do regress sometimes and that younger souls may surpass their level of spiritual
evolution through right action. Constant noble conduct is in your best
An aside, we didn’t mention anything about money and prestige.
We believe it’s a myth that spiritually advanced individuals naturally don’t
care about these things. It’s total nonsense that a vow of poverty is a sign of
wisdom; self-sacrifice incurs negative karma, as does false guilt. A wealthy
and, or prestigious individual’s conduct is much more enlightening about their
level of spiritual progression.
Copyright © Stephen Petullo, Scott Petullo