- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Scriptures to Memorize
These are the ten of my favorite scriptures I try to live by each day.
1) "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 Although we cannot do everything by our own strength, we can do everything through His strength!
2) "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms 37:4 This verse is my all time favorite. My husband and I got married very young. We heard from many people, even people we barely knew that we were too young and that we should wait a few years. During this time especially, we stood on this verse. We had prayed about it and we knew that marriage was a desire of our heart. When God give you a desire in your heart go after it! Don't let other peoples opinion ruin Gods plan for you.
3) "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18 Jesus is perfect love!
4) "Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38 Our goal in life should not be how much material objects we can get, but should be more focused on what we can give to others. Give and it will be given to you does not make sense in the natural sense. Things work differently with God. If you give, you will not lack.
5) "But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." James 1:6 When you ask for healing, strength, protection, etc. you must believe it. These things have already been promised to you, you just need to claim them!
6) "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." John 15:7 Pray in Faith!
7) "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10 I am sure that everyone has heard of this verse before, but I had to add it to this list. It is so important to understand that the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. These things are not of God. I hear people say all of the time that "God is testing me," or "God wouldn't give me this pain if I couldn't handle it." God is a good God! Would he be a good God if he caused our pain and sickness?! No! He isn't the source of our trials, but He can use our trials for greater purpose and to strengthen us.
8) "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 I love this verse! It is such a comfort to know that wherever I go I am not alone.
9) "For no word from God will ever fail." Luke 1:37 This is another faith verse. Faith is so important. God made promises to you in His word. It is your job to put those promises in you heart and to speak as if they have already come to pass.
10) "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19 When we trust God we will not lack the things we need.