The Lord Jesus and His example
He spoke such words of wisdom and demonstrated that one could live life without sinning. A perfect walk, that enabled Him to die for the many and make His Father proud. Like most children would like to do. He being God's only begotten son from above, showed us the way to perfection, while still obeying everything under the Law that God had established on Mount Sinai.
What a perfect role model for us all. He, knowing right and never doing wrong. Never once over stepping that mark. SIN. Like me and everybody else. Just as the Bible states "we all fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.
And yes we do, those choices we make in our youth can affect us in this life as well as possibly the next, but thanks to the precious Father, he has that solution, his sinless Son. What an example. Could we do the same?
Throughout our lives, the things life throws at us, causes us to succeed or fail. Beware of seducing spirits, which speak through people. They can test, hurt, maim, or even kill. But be sure, they only lead us down a rotten path to destruction or death. They can even take you over, without you knowing they are present and give you evil thoughts. It will look like you commiting the sinful act, even you speaking evil things etc. So beware, they are everywhere. So wear the full armour of God, and you'll be able to discern. Remember Eph 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness, which are in the high places."
So, become the Lord's Disciple and follow those precious words He spoke and that walk He demonstrated.
Follow those precious commandments that both hold so dear. And DON’T deviate.
The Fathers versions:
1. Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt make thee no graven image, neither any similitude of things that are in heaven above, neither that are in the earth beneath, nor that are in the waters under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down to them, neither serve them: for I am the Lord thy God, a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third generation and upon the fourth of them that hate me: And showing mercy unto thousands to them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the Name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that takes his Name in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, or thy son, or thy daughter, thy manservant, or thy maid, or thy beast, or thy stranger that is within thy gates. For in six days the Lord made the heaven and the earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: therefore the Lord blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be prolonged upon the land, which the Lord thy God gives thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false [n]witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house; neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maid, nor his ox, nor his ass, neither anything that is thy neighbour's. Exodus 20:3-17
Which the Lord complied to the letter. As His Father said "In Him I am well pleased" Matthew 17:5. What an accolade to receive. Can we say the same and receive that same approval. "
While the Lord’s versions of the Laws are much shorter, they still cover everything that was given by the prophets from days of old. His Laws are:
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength ‘; and, 'Love your neighbour as yourself.'" Luke 10:27.
These incredible Laws are what the Lord Lived by, The Son of God, who lived with no sin or guile. Imagine NO SIN or NEVER making a mistake. We ourselves can’t say that, except the Lord Jesus, the Chief Cornerstone.
He is that perfect example that we need to follow, for we know he is perfect. One, the Heavenly Father said so. “In him I am well pleased” Matthew 3:17 and secondly, the Bible, translated from the many scrolls found.
It is true, that even if we obey those laws, we still can’t be perfect, but it’s a start. We certainly don’t want to sin before God. We profess to Love Him and His son, why do we want to do our own thing and disobey those laws of righteousness. Do we want to say that God and the Lord loves us and continue to do the thing that he hates, like Homosexuals activities, drunkenness, or even sexual immorality etc.,. so therefore, like many others adopt the Lord Jesus’ ways and follow after His path. Transform ourselves to a better creature. Clean up our act and go after the ways of the Spirit. We must emulate his manner of life. That does not mean we must die upon the cross, the Lord did that, for He died in our place. Emulate compassion, mercy, gentleness, patience, and kindness. Be humble, forgiving others and obey those laws, this is both God’s and the Lord’s Will. "Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (Matt. 11:29).
So, take on His ways, Laws, Himself, His Father and don’t let sin win. If you do, then the Devil wins. Conquer and take control and learn of the Lord’s steps and about Him and we will show our Love for the Father and the Son. Then his death will not be in vain. We are His Sheep. Stand forth and be one of the many who have heard the words within the bible. The Father as well as the son are calling.
So follow those incredible steps and show forth your love.