- Sports and Recreation»
- Individual Sports
20 Best Running Songs - Hits and Favorites to Upgrade Your Run
Need some great running songs?
These (mostly) popular tunes will motivate you to pick up your pace and run farther than before.
As a runner, I am a huge fan of pounding the pavement with music. The right songs can get me though some rough runs, as well as some monotonous runs (read treadmill). Mostly they make my running experience much more enjoyable.
Below, you will find my 20 best running songs. Before you see what they are let me give you one disclaimer:
I am a female and I'm not into explicit lyrics ... a couple of the songs might not be manly enough for some guys.
I will continue to update these songs as better ones come up. Take a look:
Top 20 Running Songs:
1. Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
2. Girlfriend (Radio Edit) - Avril Lavigne
3. The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
4. In Too Deep - Sum 41
5. Only One - Yellowcard
6. Secrets - One Republic
7. Pump It - Black-Eyed Peas
8. Dynamite (Radio Edit) - Taio Cruz
9. Every Time We Touch (Radio Mix) - Cascada
10. This is Your Life - Switchfoot
11. Just Dance (ft. Colby O'Donis) - Lady GaGa
12. The Pretender - Foo Fighters
13. Holiday - Green Day
14. Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
15. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
16. Apologize (feat. OneRepublic) - Timbaland
17. Anthem of Our Dying Day - Story of the Year
18. My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
19. The Anthem - Good Charlotte
20. Bring Me to Life - Evanescence
Listen to the 20 Best Running Songs playlist on iTunes:
Listen, add them to your playlist, lace up your shoes, and start running!
What's Your Favorite Running Music?
Check out more playlists:
Runner's World Magazine has some great running playlists for whatever suits you.