ASICS Women's GEL-Kayano 21 Running Shoe Review
ASICS Women's GEL-Kayano 21 Running Shoe
Great For Work and Play
I have really high arches so proper support is a must and these shoes deliver without the need for additional insoles. I got the plum color and its gorgeous, people ask where I got them all the time. I wear them to work where I walk around on my feet all day long and at first they were a bit stiff but after about a week they were broken in and they are very comfortable you can feel the quality materials in the foot bed that ad cushion and support compared to my less expensive Asics. I have a really bad bunion and these don't rub on it even with the medium width I purchased so I am very happy with these.
As a Performance Running Shoe
I only wear these to work about once a week but I use them for my 5 - 8 mile runs 3 times a week. As running shoes these are not my absolute favorite because they do not feel as flexible as I would like. I believe this is due to the adequate support they offer, so I didn't take any starts off of my review. I do like them enough for them to be my #2 favorite shoes and as far as durability goes these shoes are proving to be made to last compared to several other pairs I own. I run on a lot of sidewalk and grass but these look and feel like new after over a month of 40 miles a week. I have moderate pronation so these were a good fit for me. I can see a noticeable improvement when I tape myself running in these shoes compared to another pair of shoes I own with slightly lower support. The uppers are rather stiff and the footbed seemed designed to compliment it. This shoe features the FluidRide® and a comfordry™ x-40 sockliner which is apparent as soon as you put them on. I would compare it to a gel insole feel though it is thin enough to feel a secure grip. It makes the shoe feel like it has a customized fit but thankfully it doesn't make me feel like my foot is sinking into overly thick memory foam.
The new Kayano is updated with the best in ASICS innovation for the lightest and most luxuriously stable ride yet.
- FluidFit™ upper combines multidirectional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to your foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
- Heel Clutching System™ improves support and creates a better heel fitting environment.
- ComforDry™ X-40 Sockliner with anti-odor properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment.
- FluidRide™ midsole technology combines the ultimate bounce-back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- DuoMax® Support System consists of a dual-density midsole positioned to enhance support and stability for performance.
- Guidance Trusstic System® integrates Guidance Line® technology to enhance gait efficency and provide structural integrity through the midfoot.
- Heel and forefoot GEL® Cushioning Systems and Impact Guidance System (I.G.S®) absorb and disperse shock during impact and toe-off phases, allowing natural foot movement as you move through the gait cycle.
- Guidance Line® technology in the outsole employs vertical flex grooves to decouple the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency and performance.
- Wt. 8.9 oz.
Credit: Asics.com, 2015