Authentic NFL Jerseys-Buy Authentic NFL Jerseys Online
Spotting A Fake Jersey!
- Your favorite team is playing and you want to get an authentic NFL jersey to wear to the game or out with your 'buds! '
What Should you watch out for when you buy an authentic NFL jersey?
Here's How to Spot a Fake NFL Jersey:
- The tags on the collar (referred to as swing tags) have a hologram on the front. A genuine, real NFL Jersey has the hologram on the - back - of the tag.
- The hologram on the front (and the back) is fake too.
- White NFLPA tags are on the front - fake NFLPA tags. An Authentic NFL Jersey won't have these white tags. However, early jerseys did have them, so, you may still see them on authenticated replica jerseys - replica being the buzz word for FAKE.
- Until 2006, the helmet holograms were on the tags. Real holograms are brightly colored - fake ones are dull (less colorful - not real).
- You'll see helmet holograms on tags for 2007 and 2008 too - bright and colorful with the NFL Logo in turquoise logo with light brown NFL letters on the 2007 and black logo and letters on the 2008 logo.
Authentic NFL Jerseys
Authentic NFL Jerseys-Buy Authentic NFL Jerseys Online Carefully
6 - An authentic NFL Jersey number has three layers of twill fabric that is flat, like a pancake, and with a matte (dull) finish. If the numbers appear shiny, or bubbly then you are looking at a fake. Authentic NFL Jersey numbers don't pull or puff, they lay flat at the number stitching-the material won't look pulled or loose.
7 - Numbers on an authentic NFL Jersey are even and are stitched evenly. Numbers on a fake are cut poorly and pull in places, giving the appearance a stretched or pulled together, or loose look in places - where the stitches are.
8 - Jock tags must be looked at up close. You won't normally see pictures up close because fake productions know they are fake and don't want that kind of evidence posted. To spot a fake look closely at the NFL Shield on the jocktag and look at the football too.
On an authentic NFL Jersey jocktag the football looks like a true, real football -
not something else, like a sideways octagon, or triangle or anything else -
9 - You won't find a patch on a genuine NFL jersey - Patches aren't included. Patches are only available for sale separately. If this information about a patch on your jersey isn't listed anywhere then you know you have a fake.
10 - Captains badges are also not sold publicly. ANY authentic jersey will not have a captains badge.
FYI - All 3 Are Fake Jerseys 1 - Fake Hologram, 2 - Fake Patches, 3-Poor Stitching & Shiny Numbers
11 - Authentic NFL jerseys will not have a droptail - that means the front is shorter than the back. An authentic range jersey is as close to an authentic NFL jersey worn on field as you will find and the hem is the same length all the way around.
12 - If it says made in China - be very wary, because, except for some Dolphins Jerseys, authentic jerseys were not made in China. They were made in El Salvador, Korea, and Vietnam, but not China. Some tags may say El Salvador, for instance, but it may still be a fake, because that year may not be a year that your particular jersey was actually made in El Salvador - Buyer beware!
13 - Auction sites are over 98 percent fakes. An authentic NFL jersey costs between $200-300 at a store. That's just how much they cost. So, you get what you pay for! Fakes can go for less than $50, because they use sub standard materials and are made in sweatshops by 5 year old little girls who work 10 hour days with no heat or air conditioning and may get one meal a day and no breaks.
14 - If you see a logo for a seller on eBay or the web that has a hand popping though the label with the 'thumbs up" sign then they are selling authentic NFL jerseys.
"Authentic NFL Jerseys" - Bad Boys Busted Peddling Fakes
Authentic NFL Jerseys-Short List
If you don't want to go through all 14 points then here are three quick ways to tell if a jersey is an authentic NFL jersey:
- If the tag is an official NFL - See # 1-5 above
- If the shield football looks like a real football - See #8 above & example in picture below.
- If you are buying from a legitimate store then that store won't risk their reputation or breaking the law by selling a fake as an authentic NFL jersey.
Looking for the perfect gift for your sports nut - These are great gift ideas that will be cherished for a lifetime - Before you invest in an NFL jersey make sure you know and can identify which team and/or player is, 'that special one!'
Notice Logo Lettering, Colors, & Football Image Resemblance
Authentic NFL Jerseys And Growing Kids
The good news - Not all online sellers are fakes. There are some good online sellers of authentic NFL Jerseys. Good Overstock sellers will get jerseys from players who have moved on. They also get older jerseys when teams change their uniforms.
Kids grow so fast that you may not want to spend the money on an authentic NFL jersey for them. If you want the best deal for your money than consider buying a premier jersey. The numbers and name on it are stitched but the rest of the jersey isn't stitched. A premier jersey sells for approximately $100.
A replica is the worst deal - You may be lucky enough to wash them three times before the letters and stitching fall apart - most last two washings or less.
Pink jerseys - Come on, ladies, I know they are out there, but if you don't buy team colors then you risk the jibes and jeers from loyal fans. I like pink, too, but had to go true blue to the team!