- Sports and Recreation»
- Theme Parks & Roller Coasters
Best Water Parks in Alberta
Alberta Water Parks
Here are some of the best water parks in Alberta including world water park, wild rapids water park, Douglas fir resort water park and drumheller aquaplex. Alberta is located in western Canada and is home to greatest dinosaur finds in the world. Feel free to vote your favorite water park and post your experiences in the comment section below.
List of best water parks in Alberta:
1. World water park:
World water park is a 200,000 square feet indoor water park and is located in Alberta, Canada. The water park is inside the west Edmonton mall in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The water park offers body slides, tube slides, kiddie slides, wave pool, bowl slide, whirlpool spas, and interactive play area for toddlers and parents. It also has two bars such as pinocolada and beachview bar which offers alcoholic beverages to all the visitors. West Edmonton mall also has indoor amusement park, galaxyland, indoor mini golf, aquarium, skating rink, haunted castle, rock climbing wall, plenty of stores and entertainment venues. Adult admission price is $33 and Children is $27. They have discounted ticket price for children ages 3 to 10. Special discounts for the last 3 hours of the day. Season pass is also available. Season passes include admission to the west Edmonton mall other attractions. It is world's largest indoor water park and also one of the best water parks in Alberta, Canada.
Attractions in world water park:
- World's largest indoor wave pool holds almost 12.3 million litres
- Dolphin kiddie pool - The pool is great for toddlers, infants and small children. It has water toys, water screw and playground type slide which is covered with dolphin scenery.
- Slides - Twister and cyclone is one of the highest slides in the park and they are 83 feet high. Twister slide has lot of twists and turns. For cyclone ride, you must be 10 years old and weigh at least 90 lbs. They have 17 water slides and play features.
- Caribbean cruiser - It is a beginner slide and is ideal for small children that drops you into a 1 inch splashpool.
- Ragging rapids action river - Lazy river ride that has two sides.
- Kiddie bumper boats
- Tropical typhoon toilet bowl ride
- Skyscreamer high speed water slide at 78 feet
- Several kid zones
- Tallest indoor bungee jump tower and zip line
World water park, Alberta, Canada
2. Douglas Fir resort water park:
Alberta travel guide:
Douglas Fir resort water park is located in Banff, Alberta. The water offers two giant indoor water slides, kiddie pool, swimming pool, multilevel indoor play zone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room and barbecue stations. Park is free for registered guests and the general public can purchase admission for $20 CAD.
3. Wild rapids water park:
Wild rapids water slide park is situated in Sylvan lake and is just 90 minutes from Edmonton, Canada. Adult admission price is $20 per day and children is $16. They have special discounts after 3.30pm.
Features of Wild rapids water park:
- Slides - Kami Kazi and Hari Kari are speed slides in the park
- Children's play area
- Wading pool
- Variety of slides
- Picnic areas
Other water attractions in Alberta:
4. Drumheller aquaplex:
Drumheller is next to the world's largest dinosaur and rotary spray park. The aquaplex offers indoor water slides, indoor swimming pool, hot hub, steam room and outdoor heated swimming pool. Drumheller valley has various activities including tennis courts, outdoor skating rinks, baseball diamonds, cycling and rollerblading. Drumheller is the Dinosaur capital of the world.