- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports»
Coaching High School Basketball, An easy offense to run.
The Flex, A Man to Man Offense.
The flex offense is a very basic, teachable offense that can be used at just about any level. Now I hever not seen elementary teams using it, but with the right kids it could be possible. The flex is very affective against a man to man defense. It utilizes all five players and allows plenty of opportunities for all players. If you have a small team or are very guard oriented then this is the offense for you. It is also excellent if you have some big men that can handle the ball.
Step by Step, How to run it.
This is the flex offense. One very important thing to remember is spacing. It is vital to the success of this offense that all the players try to spread the floor. It is also important that players wait on their screens and that players run the guarding them into the screen. I have placed below the step by step process of how to run this offense.
The offense then continues to run doing the same thing over and over again. Now I bet you are wondering, what do we do if the guy coming up to the top can't get open? Well, I'm going to show you. The pictures below are set up to show you what to do each time the guy coming up is not open. Hope this helps.
Pros and Cons of the Offense.
- very basic offense
- discplined team will be able to stop most options
- a player that cannot handle the ball can be exposed
- players most explode off of screens to get open
- players at most levels should be able to pick this up very quickly
- if you don't have size on your team this offense can help you score inside
- this is a continuing offense that doesn't end
- all five players are interchangeable and can start at any position