Frisbee Golf in San Francisco
Where To Play
A new course recently opened in Golden Gate Park. It is located between 25th and 30th avenues on the north side of the park but the best place to go is John F Kennedy Blvd approximately where 27th ave would intersect it. This will put you right by the first hole.
The rules of frisebee golf are much the same to that of regular "old school" golf. There are 18 holes and the object of each one is to get your disc from the starting platform to the chain basket. To start, each person takes turns teeing off from a designated platform. Your next toss is from the spot where your disc landed. The person who's disc is farthest from the basket goes next and it continue until everyone gets their disc into the basket. Your score is the number of throws it took you. The person with the fewest after all the holes wins.
You must throw from where your disc landed even if there is a tree or other obstacle in the way.
- Wait for those ahead of you to clear before throwing
- Don't walk thru a hole someone else is playing on
- If your group is playing slowly let faster groups behind you "play through"
- Help others search for discs lost in the bushes. They usually turn up
- Don't laugh at other players that aren't as good as you
You should bring
- One or more frisbee golf discs (you can get a begginner set of 3 at most sporting goods stores)