Best folding knife
Best Pocket Knife
Choosing a pocket knife is a complex task and should be approached with much thought. Pocket knives are simple tools we may use everyday, or they my sit in our pocket for months at a time without any use. Regardless, when the time comes to use your new pocket knife you will want to be sure it is efficient at the job at hand.
There are knives that are designed to do different jobs. There are knives for opening boxes, cutting rope, skinning deer, or camping and hiking. Not to mention a dozen other duties. Decide what your knife will mostly be used for. Decide whether you need a serrated blade, plain blade, or a combination of both. Pictured below is an example of the three types.
The Features That Matter
1. It is important that your pocket knife is light-weight and compact. You will be carrying this in your pocket everyday, so this is a must.
2. Your pocket knife must have a locking feature. This is imperative for safety reasons.
3. A thick and sharp blade is a necessity for heavy duty use and dependability.
4. An important feature to have is a finger stud. This allows for one handed opening.
5. Made of steel that stays sharp and is easy to sharpen.
6. The handle should feel solid and well fabricated.
7. Rubber or textured handles for a sure grip.
8. Make sure your knife is made of quality materials.
9. Your pocket knife should open freely every time.
Take Care Of Your Pocket Knife
Whichever knife you pick, it is very important you take very good care of it. Keep it clean. You can do this by running it under warm water and then drying it completely with a dry cloth. Always keep your knife well lubricated. You can use 3 in one 1 for this. Apply the oil to your knife then rub into all the moving parts. Keep your knife sharp, Buy a sharpening stone, and when your knife becomes dull sharpen it right away. Some knives come with a lifetime warranty, so keep your receipt. Enjoy your new knife and take care of it.