How to Tell You Are an Above Avid Sports Fan
Starting Off Right
Alright, I will start by saying that I am not making fun of anyone. I myself am guilty of many of these points. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a devoted fan, provided it isn't taken to an unhealthy level (violence and unnecessary hatred).
To make things fun keep count of how many of these describe you!
- You have a playlist to get pumped up for game time.
- You consider game day to be a holiday.
- You aren't just watching your team, you are their support group.
- You only consider wearing your team's colors on game day.
- You have a ritual for game day that you wouldn't dream of breaking.
- You hang on the latest news on your team.
- You may or may not speak to a friend that disrespects your team for a few days.
- You have a tattoo to show your pride.
- You know the roster by heart.
- You know what play is going to be run before it happens.
- You know the stats for all your players.
- You've considered selling blood to get tickets.
- You have called out sick to watch a game (or recover from one).
I know I am not the only one that talks to my team through the tv. And I know I'm not the only one that yells at the officials when they make calls that I don't agree with. No matter how many people assure me that no one can hear me through the tv, I will still do it. After all, how else will they know that they need to play better or that the penalty should not have been given?
- You have a playlist for tailgating
- That playlist may or may not have songs about your team.
- You know the team song by heart.
- You frequently check your team's website.
- You get excited when new items hit your teams shop.
- You have considered dedicating at least one room in your house to your team.
- You proudly display your flag in your yard during the season.
- And during the off season.
- You tell all of your friends/family/coworkers about the most amazing plays from the last game...all week.
- You spend a lot of time checking the predictions for the next game.
- You get excited when they are in your favor.
- You don't believe them when they aren't.
- You bleed your team colors.
- There will always be that one play or game that you will never let go.
- You relive the glory days in the off season.
- Training camp is almost as much fun as the regular season.
- You consider yourself to be your team's number one fan.
- Because you are their number one fan, no matter what anyone else says.
What is your favorite sport?
- You try to convert friends without a team to be a fan of your team.
- Revelry games are intense.
- There are some teams you will never like.
- You plan your day around the game.
- You know the game better than the refs.
- You could do a better job than half the refs.
- You could even be the coach if you wanted.
- Unless your team is winning, then no one had better say anything bad about your team, coach, or the game in general.
- No one can talk smack about your team unless it is you.
- If you can't watch the game you constantly check your phone for updates.
- You feel an ulcer coming on when games are close.
- Your friends think you are a little 'intense'.
- As soon as the schedule comes out you start looking to see which games will be the difficult ones.
- There is always hope for a win.
- When one of your players goes down you will physically ill.
- When a star player is injured you start to question how life will continue on as normal.
- You may like your team on a bit of an unhealthy level.
- You would categorize some other fans as crazy, but you are simply dedicated.
- If someone says they like your team the instantly become slightly more attractive.
- Every team has its unique 'thing' and you don't think its weird at all.
- You feel sick when something bad happens during the game.
- Game day is very loud at your house.
- You would rather do without a lot of things to have season tickets.
- You have entered in every contest.
- You have made crazy trips to see your team play.
- You have made or are thinking of making a pilgrimage to see your stadium.
- The colors are everywhere in your home.
- You would spend a ridiculous amount of money to go to the 'big game'.
- You have named your pet after your team.
- Your pet has fan gear too.
- You've considered having your ashes spread at your stadium.
- Some of your friends/family/co-workers think you are crazy.
- If you are unlucky enough to have to work on game day you spend a lot of time checking your phone for updates.
- You know it is only just a game...unless you lose.
- If you don't make it all the way, there is always next year.
These Videos Make you Laugh
My family moved all around the country. My football team is in the Northern Midwest, as is my baseball team. My basketball team is in the south. My soccer team is not in this country. And my hockey team is in the nation's capital. If that isn't enough to make your head spin I don't know what is. I've traveled hundreds of miles for games. I've sat in a car for over fifteen hours to see my beloved stadium. Game days can be a little intense at my house. I would not even think of not wearing my team earrings and colors on a game day.
I know that my teams are not always the best, but my dedication never waivers. They are my boys through and through.
© 2014 Alexandria