How to Win Sports Bets
I am a sports fan and aficionado and I have been writing articles about game previews sprinkled with betting tips on MLB for a client for the past several months already. I presume that I have enough knowledge and wisdom now on how to maximize your winning chances while betting. My winning percentage is above 60% which is I believe a good rating for a starter. Bear in mind that there are a lot of things to consider when placing your bets.
Here are the factors you need to consider if you intend to place your bets on your favorite teams on Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, National Football League, National Hockey League and even on other sports league around the world.:
- Always look for the statistics; this will give you an ample idea which team has the upper hand on the game.You can find the stats in the websites of the different sports league. There are also game previews and tips in various betting websites as well on the Internet.
- For baseball. Consider the starting pitchers, whether he is on roll or on a slump.
- Gather a lot of data on the internet especially the different odds in the different websites, there are seas of information you can get here.
- Consider the offense and defense of the team you will be placing a bet on.
- Consider the hometown crowd. The home team always has the edge while playing at home because of home familiarity and the support coming from the fans.
- Consider the previous win-loss slate. The teams with a good win-loss record for the past 5 to 10 games will give you an idea of how they
- It is also a wise idea to ride on a team that is hot and is on a winning streak.
- Opt for teams that have consistent players that perform well almost every game rather than on the star players. There are many underachieving stars out there and but there are also some rising stars too.
- Be on look out for injuries, teams huddled by injuries may find difficult time in winning.
- Consider also the coaching staff, whether they are good at closing a winning game and or good at choking at the end.
- If you are not sure on what team to bet on it is better to rely on your instinct, provided that you are already very familiar with the team you chose to place a bet on.
- Keep in mind that the bettors are the ones that dictate the odds on the competing teams. Sometimes the voice of many can bloat the odds of winning of an inferior team. There are times that teams are underrated and overrated so be wary about this too.
Here you have it some tips that I hope will help in a way.
Feel free to give your feedback on the comment section.
Thanks a lot for the read.
My 4th hub in the HubChallenge (and my second exclusive title)