Do You Miss Playing Basketball?
Yes, I do.
You love the game so much that you think about it all day every day. You play on any team in any league that you can. But then one day, injury happens. You are told by your college athletic trainer that you need to stop playing. You go to physical therapy to help your injury but it can never fix the disappointment that you feel. Little did everyone know, you'd recover.
Maybe not in a league but in your driveway or community center. Next thing you know, you are more excited to play ball with your child and teach them all of your skills when they get older. As exciting as this is, you will always have that love for the game and you will always miss playing on a team with your friends.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it to happen, others make it happen."
8 reasons why you miss the game:
- You miss the morale: Your teammates are your best friends, they become family.
- You miss the athletic shape you were in: Face it, as we get older who doesn't want to look as good as they did when they were playing sports?
- You miss the adrenaline: As many places as you can get adrenaline at, there is nothing like the roaring of the crowd and the thrill of the game.
- You miss making everyone proud: You were an athlete, in high school especially as well as college, let's admit it. It is kind of a big deal.
- You miss the uniforms: Yes, this is a thing.
- You miss the tight knit friendships you made: I know they say you make seasonal friends during sport, but when you have played together for years it is different.
- You miss the adventure: Traveling to different towns and states to play was one of the best things!
- You miss your skill: While you still shoot hoops now, you miss your crazy amazing skill you had back in the day.
While there are many other reasons, these are just a few that stick out!
How important were sports to you in high school?
© 2017 Dana Abbott