Top 10 Fantasy Football Tight Ends in NFL 2012
Tight Ends are Important
A top TE gives your team a nice edge over the opposition. A quality TE is able to put up WR points. This really helps considering a lot of TEs put of only a handful of points if any at all.
Drew Breezzy's Top 10 TE Rankings
- Rob Gronkowski - Became the first the first TE in recent memory to break 200 fantasy points with 1327 yards, 17 touchdowns, and finished in top 10 among fantasy players. Being Tom Brady's new favorite target expect more success to come!
- Jimmy Graham - Led all Tight-ends last season with 149 targets. Being in the pass heavy Saint offense, even without Sean Payton he should fare well.
- Aaron Hernandez - Proved he could be a force to be reckoned with despite being on the same roster as Gronkowski. As defenses hone in on Gronkowsi expect Hernandez to benefit.
- Vernon Davis - Had 20 catches for 536 yards and five TDs in his final five games last season. The revamped Niner offense should allow more open looks for Davis. Expect big things!
- Jermichael Finley - 8 Touchdowns and 767 yards in 2011. Like Vernon Davis he has great breakout potential.
- Antonio Gates - The lack of a star wide-out in San Diego along with Gates history of injury seats him at number 6 on this list. Expect similar numbers to his 778 yards and 7 touchdowns in 2011 but I predict a decrease in scores.
- Fred Davis - Had 796 yards in 2011 even with missing 4 games last season due to suspension! The saying goes "a tight-end is a rookie quarterback's best friend."
- Jason Witten - Being one of the most productive Tight-ends in the last few years, receiving for 982 yards and five touchdowns the last four seasons Witten is no longer the premier fantasy Tight-end. The reason being his touchdown production has not been there historically never catching double digit touchdowns in a season!
- Brandon Pettigrew - Finished 2011 with 2 scores and 76 yards per game in the final four regular season matches. Also, ranked second behind Jimmy Graham in targets last season.
- Jacob Tamme - Peyton Manning has proven his devoted love for Tight-ends. There is a reason the Denver Broncos acquired Tamme a former teammate of Manning.
Where To Sign Up For Free?
- Espn.com (my personal favorite)
- Yahoo Sports
- Fox Sports