How to shoot a free throw.Meet Dr.Tom Amberry.
Meet Dr.Tom Amberry
Dr.Tom Amberry is popularly known as Dr.Free throw.He has the world record for having shot 2750 free throws in a row in 1993 at age 71.He is known as the "Big Kahuna of Free Throws."
He says that focus and concentration are his secret in his success."
"When I’m shooting a free throw, I don’t think of anything else. I am 100% positive I will make the basket. Never have a negative thought on the free throw line"
7 steps to success in free throw line.
I happen to see a program in which Dr.Tom shares his 7 steps to success.I would like to share them with you.
He calls his method Tom Amberry method of shooting.It is a technique so simple that he claims that he can teach anyone to shoot a free throw without miss.
- Feet and shoulder square to the basket.
- Bounce the ball three times with the inflation hole up.That helps you to focus.
- Thumb in channel.Finger in the line with the inflation hole.
- Elbow in.If you bring your elbow in you are 50% better.
- Bend your knees and come up with the ball in a smooth motion.
- Eyes on the target.
- Shoot and follow through.
Has this steps helped you?
Here is the link to his official website.