This year's Superbowl Commercials...the best, the worst and the unacceptable.
A great spoof on a classic!
An American Tradition!
Come on now, admit it. The commercials have been as big a part of the Super Bowl as the game. Every year, a number of celebrities and commercial actors give it their all in funny, intense and always over the top skits that we call Super Bowl commercials. This has becomes something that most of us look forward to. This year there were out of control and most were funny. A few were heart warming, and one was totally unacceptable!
The Budweiser commercial about the lost dog was heartwarming and a nice story.
Here are my lists. See you next year!
Is he really back?
The Funniest and best first.
5. I liked the Brett Farve concept. It was definitely funny.
4. I thought the Locktite commercial was total nuts and over the top. It was also hysterical!
3. The Fiat/ Viagra commercial was one of the funniest ever! I couldn't believe how they pulled this one off. All of us at the Super Bowl party I was at were dying during this one.
2. The commercial where in the beginning of time the animals were in a draft to see what country they would get. It was set up just like an NFL draft with Doug Flutie as one of the commentators. This was awesome and I love how the polar bear was lobbying for Mexico!
And the best,
1. Snickers- Danny Trejo and Steve Buscemi were funny and perfect in this re-boot of the Brady bunch. This was out of control!
I also must say that the Breaking Bad, and Doritos bit deserve a mention.
In past years Coke put out some great ones along with Pepsi. This year, was a joke by Coke!
Mophie was terrible too. The depiction of God destroying Earth because his phone died was stupid.
And the Unacceptable
Nationwide was clearly trying to cash in on the over the top and out of bounds tradition of the Super Bowl Ads. In my opinion they failed and exposed themselves as a completely uncaring company!
Many are saying that they were trying to raise awareness. This was the wrong way to go about it.
They had a story told by a beautiful little boy and then, yup he dies. His little sister looks on as he dies and it was a big mistake! No, it didn't show him die, but he told us that he did. The point was that accidents kill little kids. But the delivery was in poor taste. It was graphic and suggestive, and this made my mind up when I choose a new insurance company. It will be Prudential or Farmers. It will not be a company that "cashes" in on little kids dying in accidents that they have to pay money over!