All About Snowboarding
Fastest Growing Sport
Snowboarding is now among the fastest growing (especially winter games) outdoor sports. Now the country and climate barrier in not completely valid for snowboarding, It was always popular in USA but now it is becoming very popular in Europe also or places like Australia, New Zealand, few parts of Asia also where climate doesn’t support these sports very much. If you want lots of thrill and to enjoy one of the fast paced games, it’s time for you to get ready for snowboarding. Even if you want to enjoy fresh air and stay fit, you should try snowboarding for sure.
Things You Should Know About Snowboarding Before You Start
It is really fascinating to see people snowboarding with ease, but when you get a chance to do it I bet you will not find it easy. There is lot to learn and understand before you go for snowboarding first time. First of all you need the accessories for snowboarding, and getting right one is little bit tricky. Let’s start with the snowboard which is the essential requirement, you need to be sure that you get the right snowboard for yourself. It should be neither too long nor too short; you should check the width of snowboard also, pick one which is right according to your expertise level. If you are not sure about the things take advice from any expert, otherwise your first attempt would be more difficult than usual.
Once you get the board, you should focus on clothing and protective gears these are the things which will protect you from cold or any damage. Generally the snowboarder wear dresses in three layers, and the layer are called as;
· * Base Layer
· * Insulating Layer
· * Outer layer
You have the snowboard and complete protective gears; now what you need is a good trainer who can teach you the lessons and tricks. If you are just starting out a good trainer is very important, because snowboarding is a dangerous game and you would not like to face any injuries at this stage which may happen if you make any terrible mistake. Now you should go outside and start practicing; only taking lessons from your tutor will not make you master, practice is everything. You will make mistakes and learn from those also you be refining your skills through practice. Once you become good at snowboarding you will find it very exciting and enjoyable sport.
Few Final Tips For Beginners:
1. Be brave and you will love it: If you ask me, snowboarding is just fun. You will have few difficulties at first but be brave and stay focused, one you get hold of the board you will enjoy it.
2. Take adequate lessons first: Don’t go out and try for yourself when you have just started it. Find a good instructor and follow his/her advice. This will help you to get things right without getting hurt.
3. Wear a good and protective helmet: Helmet is the most important protective gear for snowboarding; there are lots of chances of head injuries so it is very important to wear a helmet always while you are snowboarding.
4. Always know your limits: You should always know your limits, and try not to go far beyond your limits. I am not saying that you should not try to push your limits; everyone wants to beats their previous attempt, learning some new trick, doing few new steps. But always remember you don’t have to push yourself too hard at beginning.
5. Stay hydrated, drink water: Snowboarding is very exhausting sport, you will burn you calories too fast, so it is important that you stay hydrated. You should have a small bottle of drinking water with you always.
That’s all, Go out and enjoy Snowboarding. .