Trampoline and Enclosure for the Safety of Jumping
How to Buy a Trampoline and Enclosure
What better way to get kids enjoying the outdoors than providing them with their own trampoline and enclosure to jump on.
Stop them from being cooped up in the house, entertaining themselves with the computer, video games, TV, and other indoor gadgets. Send them outside for some air and health benefits, all the while knowing they are within your sight.
Keeping big trampolines in the backyard is safer than ever. Bouncing around on trampolines isn't just a children's activity, it's fun for the whole family!
And trampolines aren't just for the outdoors- they can be kept indoors, such as what you have seen in gyms and recreational centers.
Do You Own a Trampoline? - Take the Poll!
Do You Own a Trampoline?
What are the Trampoline Benefits?
For use indoors and outdoors, a trampoline provides your body with excellent exercise benefits.
Other workouts focus on certain body parts at a time. But with a trampoline, all your muscles work in an aerobic fashion, similar to running. Unlike running, however, a trampoline is low-impact, meaning it is easy on your bones and joints.
For both adults and children alike, a trampoline gives a great cardio workout, and even burns more calories than jogging. Further, it improves circulation, strengthens your legs and thighs, and improves your balance and coordination.
Plus if your trampoline is located outdoors, it give you a great reason to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.
What Types of Trampolines Are There?
There are different types of trampolines available, and you need to consider who will be using the trampoline and for what purpose.
- Mini Trampolines - If you are looking for a portable trampoline that can be used both indoors and outdoors, consider a mini (or rebounder) trampoline. Mainly used for exercise, mini trampolines are great for both adults and children. They are usually 14 inches in diameter and can be 6 to 10 inches off the ground.
- Round and Oval Trampolines - Most popular for the backyard are the round and oval shaped trampolines. A trampoline with enclosure will prevent jumpers from falling off the trampoline. Standard sizes are 6', 8', 10', 12', 14'. If adults will be using the trampoline also, 12' and 14' are ideal.
- Square and Octagonal Trampolines - If you have the space, you can also choose from square and octagon shaped trampolines.
- Rectanglular Trampolines - For competitive or recreational use, rectangular trampolines provide maximum jumping height in the sport of trampolining.
- Toddler Trampolines - Designed for toddlers and young children, toddler trampolines help improve balance coordination and provide environmental stimulation, hence the bright trampoline colors.
- Water Trampolines - If you live near water, own a swimming pool, or have a beach holiday then an inflatable water trampoline will help keep you cool, when you make a splash!
Check out my other trampoline page on How to Buy a Trampoline.