"Is the BCS over ruled right now? Should their be a playoffs schedule instead"

1. crw121689 profile image55
    crw121689posted 8 years ago

"Is the BCS over ruled right now? Should their be a playoffs schedule instead"

I think right now the Mountain West Conference is not getting the credit that they deserve! They should be able to be in the BCS conference to have the same  chance to win a National Championship the BCS might as well change it to the playoff's instead for everybody to have a chance that they deserve!

2. tdarby profile image60
    tdarbyposted 8 years ago

Several years now the MWC has excelled.  They should for certain be in the BCS system.  I think instead of a playoff system they just need to adjust the BCS to reward conferences that have done well for the past few years.  Maybe a conference that has the national champion from the year before gets two BCS spots and every other conference gets one?

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image83
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

The BCS has been outdated since before it was conceived. It never was anything but a half-ass compromise to keep the polling system and give it some semblance of a playoff. The proper solution would have been to just create a playoff. The main reason I don't watch college football is because of the polls.

The problem in relation to the MWC and other smaller schools is that even a playoff won't give them a fair chance. The reason is that because there are so many teams in college, the teams included and the seeding of any playoff would still be decided by the polls. It would be more fair, because teams that do well enough to get ranked would at least have an opportunity to compete for the title, but they would still start out on an uneven level.

working