How to prepare yourself before a strenuous hike?

1. travelerhubs profile image58
    travelerhubsposted 8 years ago

How to prepare yourself before a strenuous hike?

2. jammyedwards1 profile image61
    jammyedwards1posted 8 years ago

Stretch your arms and legs and neck. Make sure that you are loosened up-go for a run or a short walk to warm up. Thats the physical bit! Make sure that you have eaten lots of carbohydrates so that your muscles are prepared and ready to perform and so that you have plenty of energy. Make sure that you have drunk lots and are realy hydrated. Make sure that you have had plenty of sleep-as fatigue will not be a good feeling and will spoil your walk. Make sure that you are wearing comfortable clothing to reduce blisters and make sure that you have the right equipment for the hike. Be safe and be careful. Take plenty of food and water and be prepared for any eventuality or weather if walking in the mountains or an isolated spot. Enjoy!

3. anisetta profile image53
    anisettaposted 8 years ago

In addition to jammyedwards recommendations, I would add to watch out for tree branches by the trail, I am still suffering the consequences of not paying attention, I run into a tree branch and got a bad laceration that has yet to heal  completely.

In addition, I usually carry with me my mini first-aid emergency kit. Of course this time I decided not to put it in my back pack and you can imagine how badly I needed it.

Also, carry a whistle, should you get off trail or separated from the group, it will help them locate you.