Would you like to see Miguel Cotto fight Ricky Hatton?

1. Robertbloggert profile image69
    Robertbloggertposted 8 years ago

Would you like to see Miguel Cotto fight Ricky Hatton?

This is just  a thought I had while watching Cotto lose to Manny Paquio and wondering who would be a good choice for Cotto next.

2. profile image47
    thepassivefistposted 7 years ago

This would certainly be a good matchup. Stylistically, it would be an interesting match to watch as both are excellent body punchers who utilize effective offensive pressure. I've never seen either fighter heavily damaged to the body, but there's always a first for everything.

I feel as though Cotto possesses the superior boxing skills and often chooses to press forward, while Hatton's only option seems to be to swarm. Cotto would most likely use his superior boxing to win mid-range exchanges, while Hatton would probably enjoy more success in the clinch. However, Cotto would also probably be able to use his size and strength to push off against Hatton, land hard body shots on the break, and possibly wear down Hatton's body. With each body shot landed by Cotto, I see Hatton losing steam, with his offensive pressure suffering as a result.

I see the match being a competitive bout with Cotto taking the fight by unanimous decision or late round TKO.

Closed to reply