jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you like skiing or snowboarding? What is your favorite skiing resort?

1. Arlecchino profile image56
    Arlecchinoposted 7 years ago

Do you like skiing or snowboarding? What is your favorite skiing resort?

2. CMCastro profile image77
    CMCastroposted 7 years ago

Skiing is more enjoyable, but snowboarding is more stressful to the joints. Jumping around on a board over moguls is just not natural to me. I have only been to a couple of ski resorts. I guess I like Ski Liberty in Pennsylvania the best.

3. profile image52
    17thStoryposted 7 years ago

For me, snowboarding wins every time. It's more fun and you can do much more with freestyling and off piste. I do agree with the previous poster though tha it's more stressfull on the joints. If you're looking to try for the first time though I think snowboarding is easier to pick up - you only have to worrk about one board not two :-)

I'm from the UK but my favourite resort by far is Whister in Canada.

4. TahoeDoc profile image96
    TahoeDocposted 7 years ago

Never tried snowboarding. I love to ski and am lucky to live in South Lake Tahoe, about 15 minutes from Sierra-at-Tahoe, 20 minutes from Heavenly and 45 minutes from Kirkwood.

5. scubadoggy profile image78
    scubadoggyposted 7 years ago

I've not yet tried snowboarding, but it's something I hope to try soon...  In the southeastern U.S., Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia is the best by far!

6. jossecarr profile image61
    jossecarrposted 7 years ago

I love skiing it's more simple. I found snowboarding hard all the jumping, tricks but it's exciting to watch and cooler i think..  i guess i just love Skiing http://www.skiorganizers.com/

7. ZenithHolidays profile image63
    ZenithHolidaysposted 7 years ago

For first timers, start with skiing and get the technique and then move on to snowboarding - both have their merits but some resorts are better suited to snowboarding.
    Favourite skiing resorts.....not in order are: Serre Chevalier, Zermatt, Vail

working