jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think Manny Pacquio is on steroids?

1. Robertbloggert profile image69
    Robertbloggertposted 7 years ago

Do you think Manny Pacquio is on steroids?

We've all seen many fighters move up weight classes to take on bigger names, but in most if not all cases you never see a fighter carry his knockout power up weight with him. So this leads to the question??? How does Manny do this?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4152577_f260.jpg

2. Mikeydoes profile image75
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

Just because he beats the people senseless and won't do Olympic testing to fight Mayweather, doesn't mean he takes steroids.

3. dutch84 profile image61
    dutch84posted 7 years ago

I don't think he's on steroids. He doesn't look ridiculously big or anything. He's just a really good boxer and has a lot of stamina. I think people speculate about anybody who does what they do exceptionally well.

4. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 7 years ago

Absolutely not. The Filipino people may be small or "midget" as uttered by Lil' Floyd with derision, but the average people in the Philippines like Pacquiao, who was once poor, was hardened by the test of times partly because of having different jobs like a laborer and other trades that needs strength and agility to survive.
    Pacquiao has been in that trade before he gained prominence in the boxing world and no wonder that he disposed all A1 boxers in his generation.

5. almurray profile image73
    almurrayposted 7 years ago

Manny is just an incredible boxer. It is becoming more common now for boxers to win titles over multiple weight classes. God knows there are enough classes.

Manny just happens to be very good at it. There is obviously only one way of knowing for sure. And if the boxing world get the dream Mayweather V's Pacquaio fight. We may find out for sure.

Oh and I love the fact that Mikeydoes has answered. Because his answer says how manny does not take steroids, whilst his name tells me that Mikey does.... Humerous to me smile

6. Robertbloggert profile image69
    Robertbloggertposted 7 years ago

Since I can use 1 answer as well, I have to respond @nomad. What are you talking about? All you had to do is one quick wiki search and you would know your theory ( which is weak at best) is unfounded. At age 14 Manny ran away and moved to Manila where after breifly living on the streets, he started boxing and joined the Philippine National Amatuer boxing team where his room and board were paid for. He turned Pro at the age of 16 and has been since. He is an Army reservist which other than training for boxing would be his other laboring as you state.
    But if that was a case then the U.S. would seemingly have lots of Pros from the Military seeing all the armed forces have Amateur teams. There are a lot of people who do hard labor in the U.S. as well. I think I would lean more to the fact (if not roids) that it's just natural for him from starting at such a young age, and thus spending more years in the gym.

Closed to reply

working