What is the story behind the Terrible Towel for the Steelers?

1. Truckstop Sally profile image59
    Truckstop Sallyposted 7 years ago

What is the story behind the Terrible Towel for the Steelers?

I imagine there will be lots and lots of yellow/black towels this weekend at the Super Bowl!

2. afriqnet profile image51
    afriqnetposted 7 years ago

Wow ! I have no idea what the story behind the terrible towel for the steelers

3. nick071438 profile image55
    nick071438posted 7 years ago

I would be honest I knew nothing about this question but there's a way to answer it.  I browsed the internet and came to know very informative and interesting facts about TERRIBLE TOWEL.  Designed by radio broadcaster Myron Cope in 1975, it became a rallying symbol for an American football team, the Pittsburg Steelers in the NFL and its fans.  Embellished with the terrible towel logo and measuring about 15" x 24" this very popular towel has been brought proudly by Steelers fans to popular sites and nooks and crannies of the earth, waving high on poles and photographed.  In fact, it is reported that one terrible towel had been planted on the peak of the world's highest mountain- Mt. Everest.  Since its debut on Dec. 27, 1975, it has immensely helped Pittsburg Steelers win its games and raised funds for many charitable purposes.  For the coming Super Bowl 45 this week, it is said, a Pittsburg hospital to show its support for the team, is wrapping new-born babies in the yellow TERRIBLE TOWEL.

working