jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Will West Ham keep the running track forever?

1. kinnsyg profile image60
    kinnsygposted 7 years ago

Will West Ham keep the running track forever?

Do you think that in 10/20 years, once the Olympics ate a distant memory, that West Ham will remove the running track that they have built their bid around.

2. ndnfoodie530 profile image60
    ndnfoodie530posted 7 years ago

Sorry, but your question is a bit tough to answer. What Olympics are you referring to? What is West Ham?

3. diogenes profile image70
    diogenesposted 7 years ago

Forever is an impossible length of time to ever be reached.  The sun will go into supernova and end the ambitions of West Ham attaining this universal record in about 5 billion years, even if they do manage to hold it all together that long.

4. kinnsyg profile image60
    kinnsygposted 7 years ago

Hi ndnfoodie350, big announcement today in the UK about who will move into the Olympic Stadium once London 2012 is over. West ham is one of the two soccer teams that bid to take the stadium over. Check out my hub on the debate that's been raging for more info.

5. afriqnet profile image51
    afriqnetposted 7 years ago

Westham will definately keep the running track they have build over the years

6. pe555 profile image74
    pe555posted 7 years ago

Using the stadium for Athletics is the only way West Ham will win the bid to use the stadium as their football ground.
    One of the reasons that London won the Olympic Games in the first place was because the committee had agreed that the stadium had to be used for athletics in the future, as a legacy for future generations.
    If that doesn't happen then the reputation of the British Government and Olympic Committee will be down the pan.
    West Ham have agreed to leave the running track around the football pitch, where as Tottenham Hotspur said they would knock it down and build a new stadium.
    I think there would be severe legal implications if the running track was ever removed in the future.

7. profile image48
    TheEssexLadposted 7 years ago

I beleive they will provided the Athletics authorities continue to use the venue to host major events because it will be a tasty money spinner that will help to pay for the upkeep of the place

8. samtenabray profile image60
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

I think they probably will try and keep the running track, but whether it stays their until the club doesn't exist any more that's a tough one.