jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Was anyone else the worlds biggest Crawley Town fan today? Amazing!

1. ForeverNever profile image61
    ForeverNeverposted 7 years ago

Was anyone else the worlds biggest Crawley Town fan today? Amazing!

Almost defeating the Red Devils, a great performance

2. profile image0
    Martyv25posted 7 years ago

Yes, yes, yes. Crawley played great today, even when Rooney came on they did not give him a second on the ball. Crawley Town done themselves proud today and showed why the FA Cup is the biggest domestic competition in the world.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

There is the old saw, 'the English like the underdog'  It's true, and if we think on it, probably so does most of the rest of the world.  I would have liked to seen them stuff MU.  This afternoon, I'd like to see Orient stuff Arsenal; but, and it is a big but, I want what is best for English football, and that is not having teams like Crawley and Leyton Orient progress any further in the FA Cup at the expense of the greats.
    A friend of mine once suggested that having the small teams in the FA cup is a waste of time, this, of course is nonsense, the small clubs inject new life into the game, they have nothing to lose so they don't roll over and die.  But there are other things, the injection of the cash from a plum tie can often pay a hefty part of their expenses, especially if they force a replay  Also, they get a first class training match.

4. pe555 profile image72
    pe555posted 7 years ago

No, not at all. I will admit that they deserved a draw. They played with a lot of passion.

5. samtenabray profile image60
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

Great day for Crawley football club and look at them now topping league 2 playing some great football a grew up around the area and never thought id see this day got a couple of mates playing their reserves so I wish them all the best!

working