jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favorite pistol and why?

1. Harlan Colt profile image76
    Harlan Coltposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite pistol and why?

Do you feel lucky punk? Well.... Do ya?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4804167_f260.jpg

2. Jed Fisher profile image87
    Jed Fisherposted 6 years ago

M1911. It's just awesome. Rugged, reliable and packs a punch.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Anything Smith and Wesson, love the .357, 6 inch barrel....I have no idea of the model number.  Easy to load, easy to shoot.

4. Adventure Colorad profile image82
    Adventure Coloradposted 6 years ago

Springfield 1911, not many other pistols around that have the history of this handgun.

5. mrberry087 profile image60
    mrberry087posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4866972_f260.jpg

Hands down H&K USP .45ACP. Their reliable, easy to clean and maintain and wont cost you an arm and a leg to buy or shoot, as H&K offers great pre-owned reconditioned guns in all models and variations. Not to mention .45 auto colt ammo is about as cheap as it comes.

6. Josh Jeffords profile image55
    Josh Jeffordsposted 5 years ago

My favorite pistol would be the Colt 1911 .45 Auto.
    The reasons are numerous, the history and heritage alone are considerable.
    The fact that it is still one of the most accurate and reliable platforms available.
    Another reason is the amount of customization is endless, at least for a gunsmith.
    It is hard to beat the power and functionality.
    Also the fact that most modern handguns are actually made to replace it even after 100+ years nothing truly has.
    The most interesting reason is that most modern handguns also share either the design or a modification or continuance of it.
    The 1911 family of pistols is my favorite.
    Josh J Alaska

7. Edward J. Palumbo profile image86
    Edward J. Palumboposted 3 years ago

If I had to choose a favorite, it would be the .45 ACP on a 1911-type frame. I'm 67 and I've owned a series of .45 Autos since I was 18. I'm on my fifth now, a Kimber Custom II. I was trained with the 1911A1 in the Marine Corps and relied on it without disappointment in some difficult situations and harsh climates. I was later issued a 9mm, and I have no argument with those who prefer it. I handload for both. After years and many thousands of rounds, the .45ACP still challenges me to shoot it well, so I continue to practice regularly.
    Due to the size and weight of a full-frame .45 ACP, I have opted for a lighter carry piece, but the .45 is the one I've trusted when a situation deteriorates badly, and it has served me well.

working