jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Where were you when the Boston Red Sox won the 2004 World Series?

1. rclinton5280 profile image75
    rclinton5280posted 6 years ago

Where were you when the Boston Red Sox won the 2004 World Series?

This was a great moment for me, and I am curious as to what other people recall.

2. DRVetOIF3 profile image59
    DRVetOIF3posted 6 years ago

I was in the National Training Center preparing for my ensuing deployment to Iraq the following year.  It was the latter part of our training and we were allowed to use our electronics, to include cell phones.  Already having witnessed the sweep of the Yankees despite being outnumbered by several senior enlisted and officers who favored the Evil Empire, I looked at play-by-play updates of the game until the final out against Edgar Renteria--sealing one of the proudest moments I've ever had as a fan.

3. seattleamilehigh1 profile image59
    seattleamilehigh1posted 6 years ago

I remember David Ortiz owning the entire playoffs. He is still awesome now, but I really liked watching him, Mueller, Manny, Nixon, and Damon playing together. Probably one of the better WS teams put out on a field over the last decade, or at the very least the most exciting. What a baseball postseason!!!

4. catfish33 profile image81
    catfish33posted 6 years ago

Watching at home.  As an Oriole fan and confessed Yankee-hater, I was happy the Sox not only kicked the Yankees' butts, but won a World Series.  I was happy for Red Sox Nation at the time, but they have since turned as pompous as Yankee fans.

5. Romian1 profile image74
    Romian1posted 6 years ago

I'll never forget it.  I was on a business trip working in a small Alabama town.  I grew up in New England but settled down in the Mid Atlantic area.

I was at a hotel watching the last game of the World Series and the Cardinal Fans looked confident that Boston would be cursed again.  After so much heartbreak, I was going to enjoy the game no matter what happens.

It was late when the Red Sox won.  I celebrated in silence and didn't want to disturb any hotel neighbors. I couldn't wait to get home and talk to other Red Sox fans.