jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever been sky diving or bungee jumping and would you repeat the experie

1. Gemini Fox profile image90
    Gemini Foxposted 6 years ago

Have you ever been sky diving or bungee jumping and would you repeat the experience?

Did you learn anything in particular from this experience?  Did you do it to overcome a fear?

2. gabrielthomas72 profile image75
    gabrielthomas72posted 6 years ago

I've done 3 bungee jumps and loved all of them! Would do another one tomorrow! Even if we can't bring right to the surface, we all as human beings need to experience excitement and daring in our lives. Some just like to push it to different heights!

3. badegg profile image78
    badeggposted 6 years ago

Absolutely. Skydiving is a thrill you could never find anywhere else. Bungee jumping on the other hand wasn't as fun. It hurt my back a little once the tension hit the cord, but that wasn't the worst of it. The cord was too long, and I suffered some serious head and shoulder inuries.

4. livelonger profile image93
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

I've sky dived once, and yes, I would do it again. As terrifying as the ascent was, it was an incredible thrill to dive from 14,000 feet.

I personally did it not to overcome a fear but to experience what a free fall would feel like.

5. petenali profile image86
    petenaliposted 6 years ago

My wife arranged for me to sky dive as an anniversary gift - she knew I had always wanted to do it.  Fantastic experience jumping from 11,000 ft.  It was two very different sensations, first with the free fall and the sheer exhilaration it brought, and then onto the quiet descent once the chute opened.  It truly felt like gliding in the air like a bird with the ability to take in the sights for miles around.  A truly memorable experience and one I would do again at the first opportunity.  My purpose had not been to overcome a fear but more just to have another life experience under my belt.

6. Daxman profile image60
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

I've never bungee jumped or participated in sky diving but i did do a thing called the free fall. They lift you up to a height of 260ft (80 m) and there is this huge net hanging 170ft below the platform. One is supposed to free fall, face up, about 170ft and then fall into the net which slows you down safely.

It was an amazing experience because i had no safety straps or anything just the net that catches you. Adrenaline was rushing like fuel through me when i put my feet on the ground again smile

7. adjkp25 profile image91
    adjkp25posted 6 years ago

I have to be honest; I really have zero desire to do either of them.  I don't know if that makes me a big sissy or something but neither sound like a fun experience to me.

working