jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who is going to win the 2012 World Series?

1. Dave Cald profile image79
    Dave Caldposted 5 years ago

Who is going to win the 2012 World Series?

2. geopc2 profile image61
    geopc2posted 5 years ago

A boggler ..... pure speculation, of course .....

I like the Phillies pitching staff, and if they stay healthy a great staff not only gets a team INTO the playoffs, but THROUGH the playoffs ..... the Marlins have put together a nice team and Atlanta fell just short of the post season last year .....

I don't see anyone in the NL Central doing anything big come playoff time ..... Albert & Prince are gone, so MY Pirates might have a chance .... but no matter which team backs into the playoffs from this division, they don't stand much of a chance .....

D-backs, Giants & Dodgers all look pretty good, and the Rocks may be on a bit of a revival .... pitching is STRONG throughout the NL West, but I think the Dodgers have the offense to make it through .....

The Yankees ALWAYS have a shot ..... the Red Sox should bounce back with some fresh energy from Bobby V ..... and Tampa Bay is a REAL NICE TEAM ..... I see the Rays winning here ....

Detroit is going to get a HUGE boost from Prince .... Minnesota will be tough IF they stay healthy ..... the White Sox and Indians have some nice players ..... but these teams may use themselves ALL UP just to battle out the division ,,,,,,

Albert might be the key to the whole deal, but health is again a question ..... Texas has built something good and, along with the Halos, have some nice pitching .....

ALL OF THAT TO SAY .......

I think the Phils and Dodgers are in the NLCS .... Angels and Rangers in the ALCS ..... and the Angels beat the Phillies in the 2012 Series!

3. adjkp25 profile image91
    adjkp25posted 5 years ago

Short answer Texas

AL West & Wild card = Rangers & Angels
    AL Central = Detroit
    AL East = Boston

NL West = Arizona
    NL Central = Cardinals
    NL East & Wild card = Phillies and Braves

4. catfish33 profile image81
    catfish33posted 5 years ago

I wanna say Texas, but I don't know if they'll recover from blowing the 2011 Series.  I still think they're the favorites to win it all.

And gusser, the Yankees win more regular season games, but that old team will choke in the playoffs.

5. TrevorBasile profile image60
    TrevorBasileposted 5 years ago

Man so early to tell, we are just getting into spring training but if I had to make a selection right now I am going LA Angels

working