jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Did you think Roger Goodell was too strict with his punishments for the NFL boun

1. Joelipoo profile image84
    Joelipooposted 5 years ago

Did you think Roger Goodell was too strict with his punishments for the NFL bounty issue?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I don't know who he is or what the NFL is but he was not too strict, I'm sure that he meted out the punishments within the guidelines.

3. Hypersapien profile image37
    Hypersapienposted 5 years ago

I think the punishments were rather harsh - e.g., suspending the head coach for the entire season - but I certainly understand the need to send a message.  Football is already an extremely physical sport where people suffer devastating injuries all the time.  Players shouldn't be encouraged to be any rougher than necessary in playing the game.

4. T. R. Brown profile image78
    T. R. Brownposted 5 years ago

I don't think so.  If you step back and think about it, that was a criminal act.  There was a direct agreement that people would be paid to physically injure someone.  The fact that "the contract to injure" was to occur on the field doesn't really have any bearing on the fact that is was essentially a criminal "hit" contract.

5. Catzgendron profile image74
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

I don't feel he was to harsh.  That type of behavior shouldn't be allowed period!  Anyone involved in purposely causing injury to another and any one promoting that should be punished to the extreme.  You need to remember that young boys look to these athletes to be role models and imitate them.

6. Bigpayno profile image82
    Bigpaynoposted 5 years ago

Not too harsh at all.  Especially considering the sanctions that congress is trying to implement and get involved.  Check out my hub on Saints fans in New Orleans I just posted.  Gives my opinion on how they are taking the whole situation.

7. Joelipoo profile image84
    Joelipooposted 5 years ago

Roger Goodell handed down punishments for the bounty system that has been going on with the New Orleans Saints.  This article discusses those punishments and why they are appropriate. read more