What do you think it takes to be able to finish an Iron Man distance triathlon?

1. guy6336 profile image72
    guy6336posted 5 years ago

What do you think it takes to be able to finish an Iron Man distance triathlon?

A friend of mine has started training for an Iron Man Triathlon.  I was just looking for some insight into how intense the training needs to be, and how hard you have to push yourself.

2. CyclingFitness profile image93
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Simply put your friend will need to develop an excellent technique for their swimming, cycling an running combined with exemplary levels of endurance.

In terms of pushing oneself many consider an Ironman as one of the hardest tests of endurance in terms of it's physical nature which your friend can train for over time. The main hardship is likely to be mentally to keep going during their race as well as adhering to a very time intensive training schedule

Good luck to them

You'll have to write a hub on how they get on

3. guy6336 profile image72
    guy6336posted 5 years ago

Thanks CyclingFitness for the answer.  I think you hit the nail right on the head with your comments.  He has been trying to recruit me into the triathlon relm, but I am concerned that I cannot devote enough time to the training schedule that you mentioned below.  I think that would be a great idea for a hub.  I will try to get him signed up and post his story.

working