jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why is there so many empty seats at the Olympics?

1. Pamela-anne profile image77
    Pamela-anneposted 5 years ago

Why is there so many empty seats at the Olympics?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Every event does not draw a big crowd and these are work days, so people cannot just leave their jobs and the attendance of the night events could possibly be attributed to the location -- not close to population centers.

Finally, you can see a lot more clearly on television. I imagine as the Olympics get closer to the finals, the attendance will pick up.

If you are not a swimmer, watching a swimming meet can get boring, until you get down to the finals.  No hard evidence, just my speculations.

Pamela-anneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much Larry for your wonderful answer you made alot of good points. take care pam.

3. Dallas Matier profile image85
    Dallas Matierposted 5 years ago

That's got a fair bit of attention down here, too. One of the theories is that the seats were reserved for offical types (employees of the sponsor companies, etc.) who just aren't using them. Another is that they're unsold tickets that were assigned to other countries, which just weren't returned so that they could be used. Or, it could be a combination of both, and a few other reasons.

Pamela-anneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dallas for responding to my question it just seems a shame to let them sit empty when there is many people outside hoping to get in to see the events.  take care and go Canada!

working