jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think Jerry Jones will ever step aside and let the manager and coaching s

1. alexandriaruthk profile image75
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Do you think Jerry Jones will ever step aside and let the manager and coaching staff do their stuff?

I mean, the guy is clueless. Firing defensive coordinators like Ryan. Do you agree with me or otherwise?

2. Miller2232 profile image61
    Miller2232posted 5 years ago

No, because Jerry Jones wants to have the last say on everything when it comes to personnel and coaching decision. Jerry Jones is somewhat like the Al Davis of the NFC.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image75
      alexandriaruthkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And yeah I forgot he is also the manager, LOL :-)

The thing is that he does not see the problem at all, Some people become the scapegoat. Perhaps it is difficult if money is involved.

3. number2son profile image60
    number2sonposted 5 years ago

No, he probably won't.  The Cowboys are his baby, so he probably won't let anyone else make decisions, but him.  I don't think that he is like Al Davis.  He is very different from Al Davis.  His mentality is much different.  Al Davis was into being tough, and mean.  Jerry Jones is into being well known, and publicized, and hopefully, in the process, winning.

1. Miller2232 profile image61
      Miller2232posted 5 years agoin reply to this

As alexandriaruthk said, he's the general manager as well. Jerry Jones essentially wants to have the last say in Personnel and Coaching decisions at the end of the day.

2. number2son profile image60
      number2sonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know that.  As I said, it is his "baby", so he wants to make all the decisions, whether he makes good ones, or not.

3. Miller2232 profile image61
      Miller2232posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Jimmy Johnson can attest to that himself. If Jerry Jones didn't have such an ego, the Dallas Cowboys (without a doubt) would have 4 straight Super Bowls wins from 1992 to 1995.

4. number2son profile image60

Maybe.

4. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image99
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 5 years ago

He should, but he probably won't because of his large ego.  New blood in there would help.  He should stick to schmoozing with the other owners.

1. number2son profile image60

That's what all of us have been saying.

working