jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Coaches that should be (or already have been) fired

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image29
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

Fired

Steve Kragathorpe (Louisville): Record in 3 years (5-7, 5-7, 4-8; Brohm took a huge step backwards in his final year in '07 and Hunter Cantwell and Adam Froman couldn't get it done in '08 and '09). Hey Kragathorpe is SUPPOSED TO BE an offensive guru.

SHOULD BE FIRED

Bobby Bowden (FSU): Forget all the wins. He has lost 6 straight to Florida and it looks like Miami has his number again.

Al Groh (Virginia): Losses to WILLIAM & MARY (YUCK!) and Duke (OMG!)

Ralph Friedgen (Maryland): 2-10 with a loss to MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE (WTF?) Friedgen is also SUPPOSED TO BE an offensive guru, but Georgia Tech took his spread offense and turned it into a spread-OPTION offense and won 10 games. Embarrassing.

fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Groh is gone now. Yay! Friedgen should be next

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

Mark Mangino.

OK. PERHAPS, but Mangino was the Big 12 Coach of the Year just 2 seasons ago

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Blowing that last series and losing for the seventh straight time while being investigated for mistreatment of players is kinda the definition of bad timing.

3. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

Bowden I don't think so, in the State of Florida it's more about recruiting and talent base.

But you forgot that Boob at Notre Dame

Notre Dame is about HYPE and NOTHING ELSE

4. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

As a fan of FSU football for over twenty something years I'll Take Bobby one more year. As of 2011 the team is Jimbo's, then we'll start talking about firings

LET THE REDSHIRTING AND LEAVING TALENTED PLAYERS ON THE BENCH CONTINUE

5. kingis profile image78
    kingisposted 7 years ago

As an University of Illinois fan, I would put Ron Zook in that category. Zook is a great recruiter but cannot coach.  How can you go from a Rose Bowl team in 2007 to just plain awful in the next two seasons. Granted, the Illini lost a great running back in Rashard Mendenhall but Juice Williams and Arrelious Benn struggled. Yes, the Illini lost their top recruiter and Offensive Coordinator Mike Locksley.  What puzzles me is the the University of Illinois plans to keep Zook around at least till the 2013 season.  I really hope things improve for the orange and blue.

working