jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How many of you can still do a handstand or cartwheel?

1. annart profile image85
    annartposted 4 years ago

How many of you can still do a handstand or cartwheel?

I used to do loads of both, when younger of course!  I tried to do a handstand a few years ago to impress my granddaughter and failed dismally - my arms weren't strong enough.  I expect some of you are super-fit and/or go regularly to a gym or fitness training. 
    I watched a programme called 'Fantastic Fashionistas' the other day; ladies of 80+, some of whom could still do the splits and one lead a keep-fit class - if only!

2. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I was a cheerleader in middle school.  I could never do a headstand or cartwheel.  Instead, I could do splits.

annartposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well done you!  We actually have some of the 'cheerleading' culture here now too, presumably because it's good fun.  Any exercise is great, the splits I could never do, not quite supple enough!

3. Organised Kaos profile image94
    Organised Kaosposted 4 years ago

Ok, so I'm 38 and went outside to check...maybe the elegance is gone, but the body was willing and able.

I legally done a hand stand for like 1 second and a cartwheel with wonky legs. I noticed that my toes still naturally pointed. smile

Strangely, I heard laughter coming from somewhere!

annartposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great answer!  You went to try just for this question!  Who cares about the elegance, you obviously still have a supple body and shame on anyone who laughed.  Thanks for answering.

working