What is the most exciting sports event you have ever attended?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image85
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

What is the most exciting sports event you have ever attended?

Whatever your favorite sport, whether baseball, football, tennis, whatever it may be, what is the most thrilling sports event you have ever attended?  Thank you for answering.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9174925_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

It is known as 'The Run'. In 2006 Tony Schumacher needed to out pace Doug Kalitta in a class of drag racing - Top Fuel. Those cars have 8,000 horsepower, the fuel is nitro-methane, they traverse the quarter mile in about 4.5 seconds and at about 330MPH. Those are the dragsters. The long skinny looking cars.

To win the championship he needed to win the last race of the season in the final of four rounds of a round robin style event. He made it to the finals, but there was a catch to it then. To win the last race meant he would not have enough points to win the championship.

Doug Kalitta in the point race was ahead. He had lost in his earlier round and was not in the finals. All he had to do to win the championship by points was watch.

The only way Tony could win the championship was if in that one shot last race final round was to win . . . and set the National Record for elapsed time giving him a bonus of 20 points. He did it! He ran 4.428 at 327.98 mph to edge Doug Kalitta by 14 points. Amazing!!!!

I was sitting at the Finish line in the third row even with the finish line when 'The Run' occurred at World Finals in Pomona, Pomona California. It was a hair raising final run. The crowed erupted with emotion. An impossible feat occurred. Sure many had set the ET record before. Many had won the final round to win a championship too. But, to win  the championship in the final round of the season and set the National Record ET record with fastest cars known . . . well it simply was 'The Run'!

Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow,tsmog, that is certainly a thrilling event to have witnessed, I must say!
      Thank you for sharing.  My dad loved all sports, so I have watched them all growing up, including, drag racing.  I know they are a thrill to watch.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

Hi Faith, That would have to be "ANY" Tennessee (University of Tennessee) football game at Neyland stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee. The atmosphere is amazing with 110,000 screaming fans every game. It is a sight that I think all sports fans should behold in their lifetime. God bless!

Hi JThomps, I hear you...our College rivalries our Auburn and Alabama and the stadium is deafening with all the fans screaming.  It is for sure something fans should see at least once in their lifetime for sure!  God bless you too!

4. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

In 1994 my father and I went to an NHL division semi-final game between the NY Rangers and the NJ Devils. Dad was a lifelong Ranger fan and I was a Devils fan. The winner of this series would go on to the Stanley Cup Finals (which the Rangers eventually won, for the first time since 1940) so emotions were very high between fans of the two teams. When we got out of the car at the arena, each wearing shirts & hats supporting our respective teams, I was heckled by Ranger fans while my Dad was heckled by Devils fans. Someone told me they couldn't believe we came in the same car!! When the game was going on, I saw more fistfights and action in the stands than I did on the ice! It was intense!! When we left the arena at the end of the game I commented to my Dad that I'd been to Metallica concerts in that arena that were quieter and more reserved.

Hello FatFreddyscat, Oh, my, that is certainly intense! How interesting you and your Dad were not for the same teams!  Eeeks, I would have been terrified to be in the audience lol ... Now, that comment about Metallica brings your point home well : )

5. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 3 years ago

I have been to many exciting sports events.  I love basketball and have been to a finals once which was so much fun.  But I have to say that the ones I truly treasure are those of my son when he was in Little League.  Guess that's just the mom in me coming out.

Hi teaches, Aw, now, you know that for sure!!! I do remember those days of screaming for my son and his team ...nothing more thrilling indeed! Now, I will look forward to all of my grands' games.  What a lovely answer.

6. Jackson Lewis profile image61
    Jackson Lewisposted 3 years ago

School Football games always have the best fans and the most excitement.  I went to a high school game between the Williamsville North Spartans and the Sweet Home Panthers at Ralph Wilson Stadium (the Buffalo Bills stadium) and it was the most exciting thing in my life.  Sweet Home had not lost at the Ralph in years.  Williamsville North had never made it that far.  Sweet Home was expected to win by 3 touchdowns.  I was rooting for North and knew all the players from school.  North went out to an early lead, a combination of hail-mary like passes and interceptions in the end zone.  The Panthers made a late comeback in the fourth quarter but couldn't get their onside kick in a really controversial call. North won 21-12 and went on a Cinderella run all the way to the State Finals, where they ended up losing, but it was one hell of a season and one hell of a ride.

Wow, Jackson Lewis, that sounds thrilling!  You sound like a sports announcer.  Sounds like it was a great season.  Thank you for sharing your exciting event.

7. tameka carodine profile image59
    tameka carodineposted 3 years ago

I have went to high school football game and now homecoming games.

Hello Tameka, oh, yes, those are certainly always most exciting indeed!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)