jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any thoughts on Hoyer getting start over Money Manziel in Cleveland?

1. Sam Tumblin profile image67
    Sam Tumblinposted 3 years ago

Any thoughts on Hoyer getting start over Money Manziel in Cleveland?

Personally from a marketing stand point Manziel should have gotten the nod over Hoyer. When you look at playing performance there is nothing that indicates a stellar performance from Hoyer to start. What's your thought?

2. jackriley134 profile image59
    jackriley134posted 3 years ago

I think it is the right move. Hoyer makes less mistakes then Manziel, and he is a better leader. By the end of the season however, it wouldn't surprise me if Johnny Football is starting. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Connor Shaw get a chance if both QB's struggle. Only time will tell.

3. Ty Tayzlor profile image86
    Ty Tayzlorposted 3 years ago

You don't want Manziel to end up like McCoy or Weeden. Letting himsit now is the best option right now.

4. InterestingMiles profile image75
    InterestingMilesposted 3 years ago

At this point in time, I think that it's a judgement call. If Hoyer starts and be then develops into the best QB as he did learn under Brady, then I think that the Browns should stay with him. However Manziel's star power and natural game should be given a chance to play especially if Hoyer struggles in the opening games.

5. Sam Tumblin profile image67
    Sam Tumblinposted 3 years ago

"Money" Manziel to me has a better skill set that is suited for football to start now even if mistakes are made. I really don't think there is a drop off in talent level with either Boyer or Manziel. Now as you mentioned the other quarterbacks  and sitting them, if his level of play was equal to there's I would totally agree. Manziel has a lot of room to grow but I think with his scrambling ability and hopefully wise passing he should be fine.

working