NASCAR fans - do you feel snubbed when affiliate stations preempt major races fo

1. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

NASCAR fans - do you feel snubbed when affiliate stations preempt major races for football games?

My husband and I are neither big sports fans but we enjoy watching the occasional NASCAR event. We also live in a part of the country where there are a LOT of NASCAR fans. But many of these have started to complain that affiliates are preempting major races for football. I do have to wonder why these stations would purposely alienate local fans, who of course, make for a huge potential audience for the all-important commercial sponsors (I know they lost an audience at my home last night). What do you think?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9205538_f260.jpg

2. dillon102 profile image67
    dillon102posted 3 years ago

I am a huge NASCAR fan and I get mad if they interrupt the race for a weather report haha

I was living in San Antonio and it was raining one day and it wasnt even a storm. They freak out over a little rain because it floods there very easy! Well they kept interrupting the race every 10 minutes and I go so mad I called the news station 10 times over and over again! I told them that we know its raining and anyone that goes outside knows its raining and can you please stop interrupting my race!

Well shortly after all my calls they apologized on air for all the interruptions haha!

You can always call and complain!

1. bethperry profile image92
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

dillon102, oh that must have been frustrating! But sounds like they took notice to your call! lol And actually it is a good suggestion.

working