Why is Cheryl Miller not more publicized for her contribution to women's basketb

1. Tammy L Bond profile image61
    Tammy L Bondposted 3 years ago

Why is Cheryl Miller not more publicized for her contribution to women's basketball?

She's a pioneer of the game. Even the WNBA rarely speak of her achievements. Hers is the first name I think of when I think of women's basketball. I wore #31 when I began playing basketball in 6th grade (1978)! There are other greats that put women's basketball on the map,but Cheryl is not mentioned nearly as much as these other players.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9538314_f260.jpg

2. Brinafr3sh profile image76
    Brinafr3shposted 3 years ago

Because we all know how the media is, first of all in the eye of mainstream media they see her as Black and a woman (which shouldn't be a weakness). But many of Cheryl Miller fans see her as a Black Professional Basketball Player that happens to be a woman. She also became a coach of a women's basketball team, her and her brother Reggie Miller are from Indiana the same state I'm from.

Cheryl and Reggie Miller definitely are Ball'n!

1. Tammy L Bond profile image61
      Tammy L Bondposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I knew she coached Phoenix WNBA team for a short while, but it seems like after that even the WNBA shunned her. But I definitely see where you're coming from. Thanks for your response.

working