jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Was LSU victory over OLE MISS "The Bengals Thrills In The Villa"?

1. Sam Tumblin profile image68
    Sam Tumblinposted 3 years ago

Was LSU victory over OLE MISS "The Bengals Thrills In The Villa"?

This game was a good heavy weight bout that went back and forth. What's your thoughts? Thriller or Not?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11925636_f260.jpg

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years ago

Their loss is good for my team, GEORGIA Bulldogs, but I hated to see Ole Miss fall.  They aren't in the spotlight very often, and I was really looking forward to them going against MISS ST if they were both undefeated.  In the SEC we tend to knock each other off the top of the pile.  It's like when Texas A&M beat Alabama two years ago when ALA was #1.  It doesn't really do much for the winning team.  It just knocks an SEC team out of the top spot.  Fortunately MISS ST (also SEC) is still on top - for now.  But the Ole Miss loss makes for a less interesting season.

The one I really wish had lost was Auburn.  And that's something for a GEORGIA fan to say since our one loss is to South Carolina.  But an Auburn loss would have helped us!

3. profile image52
    Tanner Andersonposted 3 years ago

It was more of a thriller. I think it was game that could have went either way. Costly turnovers could have given Ole Miss the win, but that wasn't the case with that defense of LSU. Ole Miss should have capitalized on those turnoves no doubt, but LSU should have not let them happen. If LSU didn't let them happen and hadn't missed that early field goal we could've have been looking at a bigger score more like a 24 to 7 win for LSU. It was a thriller seeing a defensive battle. The highlight had to be though the performance of ole miss's offense and the stops by that ferocious defense of LSU. It widens the race for the SEC West, and overall shows how tough the SEC West is.

Personally as an LSU fan it was a game that didn't mean much but pride for us, since our playoff hopes and SEC championship odds are gone. I think that it will ultimately though come down to another showdown of Auburn and Alabama. I think Mississippi state slips up at Alabama or Ole Miss. Don't mark Alabama's trip to Death Valley off your calendar though. It's sure to be just as a thriller as this one was.

4. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 2 years ago

What a great game that was even though the ending with less miles was really weird.

working