jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who Is The Greatest Baseball Player Of All Time?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 2 years ago

Who Is The Greatest Baseball Player Of All Time?

2. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 2 years ago

In my opinion, and pound for pound, the greatest Major League Baseball player of all time is Willie Mays.

Mays could do it all; he had tremendous power, he was a steady hitter, he was a phenomenal outfielder, he had lightening speed -- and if his career had not been interrupted by two years of military service, he just might have been the first to break Babe Ruth's homerun record.

3. Tim Quam profile image60
    Tim Quamposted 2 years ago

I don't think it's possible to choose one player because I'm not sure how you could compare a pitcher and a position player. Unless, of course, you choose Babe Ruth, who was a two-time 20-game winner as a pitcher before becoming a centerfielder and hitting more than 700 home runs. If it was me talking I think I would chose Willie Mays as the greatest position player, and Greg Maddux as the greatest pitcher.

4. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 2 years ago

I believe the best player ever may be Jackie Robinson. Not only for what he did on the field but also what he did off the field.

5. profile image70
    James King 32posted 2 years ago

1. The Babe was a mountain among mole hills!,
    2. Josh Gibson right there with him. He was undocumented but still the Babe said he was just as good and that is enough for me,
    3. Willie Mays,
    4. Oscar Charleston,
    5. Honus Wagner and Satchel Paige tied for 5th.

Jackie as good as he was wasn't as good as this group (on the field) but I agree that as a humanitarian and ball player he ranks #1.

Then Branch Ricky and Buck O'niell right behind! (humanitarian I mean). You would also have to find a place for my favorite player of all time at least #3 Humanitarian ; Roberto Clemente He wasn't a bad ball player either.