Is Stephen Curry better than Michael Jordan?

1. Rakim Cheeks profile image61
    Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years ago

Is Stephen Curry better than Michael Jordan?

Curry and the Golden State Warriors have been on a excellent run this season. However, many have questioned whether or not Stephen Curry is better than MJ. So what do you think?

2. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 2 years ago

I think you could argue that his current  offensive season is comparable to, or better than, any of Jordan's, but even that I am not sure.

In totality, however, not even close. Curry has time of course to catch up in some categories, but some of them are very unlikely or impossible.

All-NBA First Team: Jordan 10: Curry 1
    All Defensive 1st team selections: Jordan 9: Curry 0
    Steals leader: Jordan 3: Curry 0
    Blocks: Jordan 893 Curry 99
    Rebounds: Jordan 6,672 Curry 1,992
    Playoff games 50+ points: Jordan 8 Curry 0
    Playoff points: Jordan 5,987 Curry 1,036
    Best playoff ppg: Jordan 43.7 Curry 28.3

Curry might eventually be comparable when just considering offense, but when considering the other aspects of Jordan's game (defense, blocking, rebounding, steals, and unbelievable playoff performances) I don't think it is much of a comparison.

In my mind, the 8 playoff games of 50+ points is one of those stats that may never be broken, and is really indicative of Jordan's greatness. Wilt Chamberlain had 4, Allen Iverson 3, Jerry West 2, and 16 other players have had 1 (Kobe Bryant is one of them). Lebron James has had 0.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point!
      There are so many variables people can use to compare with. Wilt Chamberlain once averaged 50pts per game, led the league in rebounds and blocked shots, never fouled out of a game. He retired with most pts & rebounds in NBA.