jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Argentina V/s Brazil Semi Final ???

1. abidareacode profile image73
    abidareacodeposted 7 years ago

Will Argentina and Brazil meet in Semi finals of World Cup Soccer 2010 ?

1. ronaldoh profile image77
      ronaldohposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is possible if Brazil win their group and they  both  keep winning,still some ifs and buts.

2. NA the great profile image77
      NA the greatposted 7 years agoin reply to this

well Argentina played really well in the quarter final against Mexico though they were lucky on both the occassions. Brazil has not really proven their strengths in this world cup so far as they used to be with the likes of Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Roberto Carlos. still compared with Chile they are a stronger side.
          its more likely to happen

2. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

They have to beat Portugal first!

3. mrpopo profile image79
    mrpopoposted 7 years ago

That was a terrible game against Portugal. I truly hope it was a flop. They better not play this poorly against Chile, Spain or Switzerland - whichever comes next.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

VIVA South America, although of course I want the US to win, it is possible!

5. abidareacode profile image73

It is found that this match may occur in semifinal. But it was expected in Final.

6. Paraglider profile image95
    Paragliderposted 7 years ago

The Portugal Brazil game was dismal, but there was nothing to play for as they were both going to qualify.

1. NA the great profile image77
      NA the greatposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Both teams should have proven their calibre at the world stage. what about the audience of their homesides who spent millions just to see this dazzling encounter. Luis Fabiano really disappointed.

7. mrpopo profile image79
    mrpopoposted 7 years ago

I think now the only chance the two teams have of meeting each other is in the Final.

Speaking of which, did anybody notice how stacked the right side of the round of 16 is??

Argentina, Mexico, Germany, England, Paraguay, Japan, Spain and Portugal. I think the only teams that aren't considered powerhouses are Paraguay and Japan, but they aren't exactly pushovers either!

Compared to the left side, which has Uruguay, South Korea, Ghana, USA, Holland, Slovakia, Brazil and Chile. I'd say only 2 of those are powerhouses.

But since none of these teams are playing at their highest level, I guess you could say it's anybody's tournament!

8. abidareacode profile image73

mrpopo,
    If Argentina and Brazil comes through their rest matches they will meet in Semi Finals.

9. mrpopo profile image79
    mrpopoposted 7 years ago

abidareacode, I'm looking at FIFA's round of 16 map here:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the only way Brazil and Argentina can face each other is in the Final.

Argentina can face either Paraguay, Japan, Spain or Portugal in the semis. Brazil can face either Uruguay or Ghana (South Korea and the United States got eliminated today).

10. Ollie Kahn Fan profile image38
    Ollie Kahn Fanposted 7 years ago

Brazil will meet the Netherlands on Friday in the Quarterfinal - and after the way Brazil played today against Chile it shoudl be a fun match. Kaka has has game back on!

working