New Jersey Devils Hockey
The New Jersey Devils were originally the Kansas City Scouts from 1974-1975, then the Colorado Rockies from 1976-1982. The New Jersey Devils hockey team was established in 1982 & was owned by John MacMullen. They were namaed after a local legend & they are
9 time Division champions,
5 time Conference champions and
3 time Stanley Cup Champions.
The Devils played in Brendan Byrne arena in East Rutherford until about 1996 when the arena' s name was changed to Continental airlines arena (following the arena branding trend). In 2007 the Devils moved to Newark into The Prudential Center in which is nicknamed 'The Rock'. (With the old arena becoming the Izod Center )
Now I REALLY feel old! Look who devs might draft!!! The ottawa 67's drafted Jeremy Brodeur
Disclaimers...This is still a Work in Progress, however due to there actually being a 2013 season. I had to work on it more & faster than I intended. I will be working to complete the history as well as Jersey Devil Legend throughout the season (and being almost done, over the off season)
Create An animated Text logo Just Like the one above here
NOTE... Haven't been into the season, even games I want to watch I can't get to. So please forgive there being some information from the abbreviated 2013 season.
I've tried to at least update the roster best I could removing those I know that are no longer with the team. THough if you see some no longer with the team please let me know I will remove them.
Resignings & Trades
::Crying:: New Jersey also lost right wing David Clarkson, who signed a seven-year contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- 5 Adam Larsson D Nov. 12, 1992 Skellrftea, Swe
- 6 Andy Green D October 30, 1982 Trenton, MI
- 8 Dainus Zubrus Jun 16, 1978 Elektreanai, Lithuania
- 10 Peter Harold D June 8, 1983 Kirtland hills, Oh
- 11 Stephen Gionta C October 9, 1983 Rochester, NY
- 14 Adam Henique February 6 1990 Brantford, ON Can
- 16 Matt D'agostini October 23, 1986 Sault Ste Marie Ont. Can
(wait what happened to these guys?)
Harri Pesonen August 6 1988 Muurame Finland
Jacob Josefson March 2 1991 Stockholm SWE ?
- 18 Steve Bernier March 31 1985 Quebec City, QC Can
- 19 Travis Zajac May 13 1985 Winipeg, MB Can
- 20 Ryan Carter Aug 3 1983 White Bear Lake, MN
- 24 Bryce Salvador D February 11, 1976 Brandon, MB Can CAPTAIN
- 26 Patrik Elias April 13 1976 Trebic, Czech Republic
- 28 Anton Volchenkov D Feb. 25, 1982 Moscow, Russia
- 29 Mark Fayne D May 15, 1987 Nashua, NH
- Martin Brodeur May 6, 1972 Montreal, QC Can Blues
- 35 Keith KinKaid Farmingville, NY July 4 1989
youngest goalie to play
40 Scott Clemmensen
- 68 Jaromir Jagro Kladno Czech Republic
News Interviews & clips
So not into a season this year, but its so good to see Clarky's Smiling face!
'The Rock' Seating Chart
Brodeur's "Patent" Scorpion Save of 2012
Franchise history - 1982- 1999
I'm working on Both ends past & more current to meet in the middle, I may end up having to include a 2nd section for this.
1982 May 27th John McMullen, Jon Whitehead, and Brendan Byrne purchase the Colorado Rockies, and with NHL approval shift the franchise to the New Jersey Meadowlands. The team is officially dubbed via fan balloting on June 30 as the Devils (for the Legend of the Jersey devil) August 20th Don Leaver goes down as first Devils captain in history. Septeber 21st Devils lose 3-2 in debut; a pre-season game at the Meadowlands versus New York Rangers. October 5 Don Lever scores first Devils goal in a 3-3 tie to the Pittsburgh Penguins. On October 8th the Devils hailed their first victory to a crowd of 19,023, a score of 3-2 over the New York Rangers.
1983 On July 5th The Devils' purchases the Main Mariners of the AHL as their top developmental farm team.
1984 January 31st the 36th NHL All Star game was played at the Meadowlands Arena, Glen 'Chico' Resch is winning goalie and Joe Cirella scores goal as the Wales Conference claims game over Campbell confrence 7-6 before a capacity crowd of 18, 939.
1987 January 22nd a bad blizzard almost snowed out the game against the Calagary Flames. For those fans who braved the 15 inches of snow, they became part of the "334 club", in reference to the attendence that night.The Match was delayed by 106 minutes as only 13 Devils arrived by game time. The contest ended at 11:44 pm. On April 23 Devils shift the AHL Maine Mariners to Utica New York an about a week later on the 30th Lou Lamoriello the former dual head coach and head coach at Providence College is named the Devils new president.
1988 John McLean scores at 2:21 of OT to win 4-3 at Chicago, in the Devils biggest game in the organization's history is decided plopping them in the first playoff spot. April 6, The play their first ever playoff game in Nassau Coliseum to a 4-3 overtime loss; meanwhile the next night Mark Johnson gets the 3-2 game winner for the Devils' first ever playoff victory on the Island. On the 9th Sean Burke records a shutout as the Devils capture a 3-0 'fin' in the Meadowland's first ever playoff match. On April 14 the Devils win and take the beat the islanders in the series in 6 games with a 6-5 home win. on the 22nd Patrik Sundstrom set an NHL playoff record with eight points 3 goals and 3 assists (which has since been tied), also Mark johnson scores four goals for a 10-4 trudging of the Capitals in game 3. April 30th the Devils take the Patrick Division crown with a 3-2 win versus the Capitals in game 7. May 6th the birth of the Don Koharski Jim Shoenfeld incident, bruins maul the Devils 6-1. Two days later on the 8th the Devils following a 66 minute delay with amateur officiating, the Devils win 3-1 evening the series at two witht he Bruins.
1989 After 18 months of rumors the Devils sign Soviet Defenceman VIacheslav Fetisov and Sergei Starikov.
1992 January 29th came the announcement of a uniform design modificationfor the 1992-1993 season. April 12 the NHL resumes and the Devils lose in overtime 4-3 to the Washington Capitals
1993Devils announce a working agreement for with the AHL Capital District franchise naming the team the Albany RIver Rats who plays their games at the knickerbocker Arena (now in 2012 the Times Union Center) December 28th JOhn McLean with a game winning goal in Hartford surpassed Kirk Muller as the All-time Devils leading scorer with 521 points.
1994 On the 27th of April the team plays the 6th longest game (at the time) in the league's history. It was a 1-0 loss in Buffalo to the Sabres.Dave hannan scored the Game winner at 5:43 of the fourth overtime. A month later to the day on May 27th (one of) The best seasons in history of the club comes to an end with an doubletime 2-1 OT loss in the decicing Eastern Conference Championships against the Rangers. Valeri Zlepukin wth 7.7 seconds remaining in the 3rd scores to send the game into OT January 16 Martin Brodeur is awarded the Calder Trophy as the Top Rookie and Coach Jacques Lemair the Adams Award as Top Coach in the league. Scott Steven's is named to the first All Star team. October 25th.. Max McNab the Executive VP retires after almost 50 years in hockey.
1995 The NHL announces on January 11 that the season will resume after a 105 day lockout. June 1st The Devils beat the Philadelphia Flyer the Confrence Finals game 6 by 4-2 games advancing to the Satnley Cup finals for the first time even in the franchise's history. on the 24th.... WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS The Devil sweep the Detroit Red Wings to win The Stanley Cup Championship for the first time in Team history, on the 28th the team and fans celebrate the championship with an outdoor parade in the Meadowlands parking lot. 7th October the team opens the the 1995-96 season with unveiling the Stanley Cup complete with the 1994-1995 set roster of Champions and the Raising of the Stanley Cup Championship Banner (in which I have a mini in my room) in a pre-game ceremony.
1996 Nmae change... First ever game played in the Meadowlands Brenden Byrne arena under the name of Continental Airlines arena
1997 april 17 Martin Brodeaur became the second goalie in NHL history to record a goal, in the post season. The goal was scored at the 19:15 mark of the 3rd period. The Devils won the game 5-2 against Montreal Canadiens in the confernce Quater finals.
1998 May 8 The Devils most successful head in history, Coach Jaques Lemaire announces his plans to step down from behind the bench. August 21 The devils unveiled a new and improved training facility at South Mountain Arena November 18th (the day before my birthay) Former Devil Peter Stasny was inducted into the Hockey hall of Fame. Peter appeared in 217 games for the Devils.December 8th Mr. Devil Kenny Danyeko became the Devils' all-time leader in games played (for the franchise) when he appearing in his 935th contest
1999 on January 4 the NHL determined that the St. Louis Blue tampered by negotiating free agency terms with an offer sheet to Scott Stevens prior to July 1 1994 the expiration of his then current contract. April 3rd Devils' long time play by play announcer on FSNY Mike 'Doc' Emerick broadcast his 2000th Pro-game vs. the Penguins in Pittsburgh. April 17th The Devils set an NHL mark vs. the Nashville predators in the season finale that year. Their 28th road victory in a 4-1 descision October 29th in a win of 4-2 over the carolina Hurricane Ken Danyeko becomes the first player to appear in 1000 games in a Devils uniform.
research via Â©New Jersey Devils 2008-2009 season Media guide Devils dates in History & an old NHL encyclopedia
Devils History 2000-2008
2000 February 15 Martin Brodeur is credited with his second career goal & his first in the regular season as the last player to touch the puck on a delayed penalty. His tally is the first game winner by a goaltender in NHL history
March 23 Larry Robinson is promoted to the head coaching position .
April 26 Patrick Elias' late third period goal in a 2-1 Devils win over the Philadelphia flyers, wins the Eastern Conference Championship. The devils become the first team to erase a 3-1 deficit in a best of seven conference championship series.
June 10 Jason Arnott scores at 28.20 in OT for a Devils 2nd Stanley Cup title (in 6 years) 4 days later on the 14th the Devils celebrate with their fans at the COntinental Airlines arena. June 15 at the NHL Awards show Scott Gomez wins the Calder Trophy as the Top Rookie in the league, and Ken Danyeko is honored with the Masterton Trophy for perserverence, sportmanship, & dedication to the sport in Toronto.
October 6 Yours truely is in the audience on opening night vs. Montreal Candians for the raising of the banner. Even though I was a few rows up (13 maybe ?) man is that Trophy nice & shiny. (I've only seen it in the Hockey Hall of Fame and that's under dim lightning) If I remember right, I think I actually had tears inmy eyes! Seeing how big the banner actually is I think it could cover 2 king size beds maybe 3 (at least long ways) They also honored founder Dr. John McMullen who owned the team for the first 18 seasons and brought pro Hockey to New Jersey in 1982
2001 on the 23rd of March the Devils tie a most consecutive win streak for 4th longest in NHL history. on April 6th Patrick Elias records a 2 goal 2 assist game in a win against the Boston Bruins 5-2 and set the teams single season record with 96 points. The next night the Devils with a win against the Montreal Canadiens at Molson Centre tiying an NHL mark of 10 consecutive victories on the road. June 14th John Madden is awarded the Frank J. Selke trophy as the NHL's top defensive forwardat the NHL Awards in Toronto. November 12 Retired former Devil and Red Wing and at the time Devils' assistant coach is inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto along with 4 others
2002 May 10 a Devils mourn the loss of John Cuniff who lost his battle to Cancer. May 16 Lou Lamoriello the Devils' GM is inducted into the Sports Hall of Fame of New Jersey
2003 February 5th Scott Neidermyer becomes the teams all time scoring leader among defencemen with an assist against Washington in a 4-1 win.
2005 February 2nd the Devils & City of Newark sign a formal agreement to build a state of the art arena in the state's largest city. On July 8th The team announces that Coach Pat Burns will not return as head coach due to medical reasons. September 6th Scott Stevens announces his retirement Ten Days later The team & fans mourn the loss of Dr. John J. McMullen who was owner of the team from 1982-2000. October 3rd The City of Newark and the Devils break ground on the new 17500 seat arena.
2006 On February third the Devils hononred former Captain Scott Stevens by being the first player in franchise history to have his jersey retired. During a pre-game ceremony his #4 was raised to the rafters. A month later Mr. Devil Ken Danyeko's # 3 was retired before the evening's contest against the Bruins (& I was there for it. I don't think I've ever seen Dano with a bigger smile on his face!) April 18th In a Victory over Montreal (4-3) the Devils complete the largest come from behind division championship win in NHL history; on January 6th the Devils were trailing first place Philadelphia by 19 points. The game extended New Jersey's winning streak to an NHL record 11 games to close out the regular season schedule. Brian Gionta hit a franchise single season mark with his 47th & 48th goals of the season. May 16 the AHL Board of Govenors approve the Devils' purchase of the Lowell Franchise. June 21 Devils reach an agreement with the city of Lowell Arena & Stadium commission for their lease at the arena to complete the purchase of the AHL franchise. The team unveils the new Lowell Devilish 'L' logo. August 1st TheDevils announce Matt Loughlin as their new radio play by play announcer. September 21 New Jersey purchases majority interest in the Trenton, Nj ECHL franchise. October 5th Patrick ELias is nmaed the seventh captain in team history.
2007 January 8th The Devils New Home in Newark is Officially Named the Prudential Center, on the 5th Martin Brodeur established an NHL single season record with his 48th victory of the season 3-2 at Philadephia. April 12th Patrick Elias nets his 35th goal career post-season goal vs. the Tampa bay lightning in the first period and took over Claud Lemieux's All time leader rank. On May 18 New Jersey re-nameas the ECHL affiliate the Devils (from the Very cool name Trenton Titants) June 15th Brodeur wins Vezina trophy as the leagues top goalie and named a first team all star.for the third time in his career. October 25th The Prudential Center's ribbon cutting ceremony at the Arena's Verizon Tower. New Jersey based Bon Jovi fittingly openes the area later that evening with a concert. October 27th The Devils open Newark's Prudential Center Aka 'THE ROCK' against the Ottawa Senators. Brian Gionta scores new home's first goal. Halloween that year the The Devils tromp on the Tampabay Lightning to a 6-1 romp for the Prudential Center's first Victory. November 12th Former Devils' D-man and long time Captain Scott Stevens who won three cups with the team is inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. November 17th (2 days before my birthday) Martin Brodeur wins his 500th career game, he becomes only the second goalie in NHL history to accomplish the feat. December 5th Jamie Langenbrunner is named the eighth captain in team history.
2008 April 29th The Hockey Hall of Fame announced Mike "Doc" (as we know him) Emerick will receive the Foster Hewitt memorial Award for Outstanding contributions as a Hockey Broadcaster. June 12th Marty Brodeur is awarded his Fourth Vezina trophy and is named to the NHL's 2nd All Star Team.JUne 17th Igor Larionov former center for the NJ Devils and Detroit Red Wings is selected to be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. On September 11th The Practice Faility is formally introduced as "Amerihealth Pavilion at Prudential Center"
research via ©New Jersey Devils 2008-2009 season Media guide Devils dates in History section
2014 -2015 season Martin Broduer becomes one of the St. Louis Blues
Â©Brian Anthony & Devils Army Blog
I am a Devils fan...
and I believe in Karma becasue a .666 point percentage since the all star game
We THRIVE after sinning with a
89.2 penalty Kill
carried by the 6.66 million Ilya Kovalchuk.
Its time to give the Devil his dues
The Story of the Jersey Devil - What's in a team's name?
There's a part of South New Jersey called the Pine Barrens where there's a 'Devilish' legend. A terrifying real or mythological creature there's been eyewittness accounts, there's even hunts to find the creature! Sadly there's yet to be reliable proof of its existence.
This is a couple versions of what it's supposed to look like from Exploring the Unexplained
In 1735, Jane Leeds found out she was pregnant with her 13th child and complained; (well it varies by story) "The Devil be the next" or "The Devil can have the next one"
Mother Leeds went into labor during a raging storm. (one of the legends I read is, The woman was suspected of witchcraft and had sworn she'd give birth to the devil) The baby was born a monster or 'The Devil' with bat wings, long neck, a forked tail, the head of a horse and a reptilian body, with small 'legs' in front and longer ones in back and hooves for feet. It's said the Jersey Devil flew up the chimney (& in other stories an open window). From then on it hunted in the Pine Barrens, carrying off, geese, livestock, cats , Sheep, large dogs, and in few cases even children!
The citizens of the area would lock their doors & would place a lit lantern outside the door in hopes to keep the creature at bay.
In 1740 the residents begged the local minister to exorcize the creature, it would however be limited to a century. There were 2 sightings before the 100 years were up. The two witnesses were respectable men. One was naval hero Commodore Stephen Decatur who visited the barens in the 1800, the other witness was non-other than Joseph Boneparte & yes the brother of Napolean. He had rented a house near Boardertown for a time and saw it while he was out hunting. Throughout the 1800s the lore of the Jersey devil was passed on. In 1909 the beast returned to thousands of eyewitness accounts be it footprints or the monster itself. Schools were even closed out of fear.
The devil in question was last spotted (as far as I could find) in 1993 by a forest ranger driving along Mullica River.
The creature is known to create chaos when it appears. Some think his appearance is a sign of good luck.
The Jersey Devil has been part of pop Culture from an X-Files Episode to some sort of card game
Disclaimer: the images were in my files well before I started to write on this site &I have no idea who the owner is & do not in anyway take credit for the image. If you are the owner for either please let me knwo where IO can link back & I will do so)
The Jersey Devil
The team was named after the New Jersey legend of the Jersey Devil. Religious groups have had a problem with the name and so forth. Honestly first off your team name should be intimidating (& Angels are not!)
Do you have a problem with the team's name?
Jersey Devil Movies & Games
starring Stephen Moyer of True Blood fame His character came into contact with the Jersey Devil as a child while camping with his pops who is now dead & takes his family to where they used to go camping for a vacation and to spread his father’s ashes as well.
Gore & people dying does not bother me, but an animal even if i know its not real makes me feel bad I think more so that it was a deer having been hit by a car. I was in the car once when one flew out of the woods in front of dad. I’m not sure if the Jersey Devil in this was a costume or CG or a mix of both, but I’d say it was pretty impressive! While not a great movie, and there were differences in the Legend of the Jersey Devil (some I have not heard) it wasn’t too bad either C
I've seen this, though I don't remember how far back to include the review I wrote for friend here, but It wasn't bad. It was alright and the 'devil' costume or FX were a bit scary. B
'95 Cup Ring
The Godfather of American Hockey
He Coached at Prividence Colleges where Paul Holmgren was on one of his teams.
October 15 2012 Lou Lamoriello was inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame (along with former Dallas Star Franchise player Mike Modano and Ranger & 1994 Stanley Cup Champion Ed Olczyk)
Doc Emrick the Devils' play-by-play voice on television from 1993-2011 hjad this to say "I remember his desire to field the best teams, commitment to defence, and integrity every player on his team possessed"
1996 World Cup of Hockey (In which he says "The 1980 Miracle on Ice raised the bar for American hockey, it was the 1996 world cup win that got the American player noticed"
3 Stanley Cups as the New Jersey Devils (95, 2000, & 2003) in his 25 years with the team.
image credit: Lamorillo image
I am a Devils Fan.....
I don't throw foam rats when one of our players score two goals like the Panthers....
We throw hats for all the goals that rain from Kovi's stick
Martin Brodeur - The Franchise Player 1993-20??
Marty has 3 sons Anthony & a pair of twins from his first wife. If I recall correctly he has a daughter with his new wife.
Martin Brodeur has added a 24th notch to the career playoff shutouts belt! This came in a 4-0 rout to the Florida Panthers in game 4 of the playoffs, passing Partrick Roy for the most in the league's history. (I just can't remember if this was early 2000 or 2012)
In the "you know you're old When" category... Marty's son Anthony HAS been drafted by the Devils in the 2013 draft!
Marty Banner by Cynthia
Tri Championship banner
I am a Devils Fan....
As of 1995, 2000, & 2003 Scott Stevens, Petr Sykora, Jason Arnott & Mike Rupp will always be my Hockey Gods
Devils PLAYERS Milestones & Records - Coming slowly but won't be in order
This part is a work in progress. I have some notes strewn about I must find, as well as if I can somehow procure a current copy of the team media guide
Ok it shows how many Miles, its a stone & its somewhere In NJ... So therefore the ONLY depiction I could find for a "milestone"
Lou Lamorillo is the longest tennered (sp?) General Manager in the HL he's been the Devs GM sicne 1987
Martin Brodeur Longest tennered player since 1992
- Patrick Elias 900th Career point vs. Montreal Canadiens January 27, 2013
- -Dec 21 2009 Martin brodeur's 104 Surpasses Terry Sawchuck in all time Shut outs
- - Nov 14, 2009 game was the club's 1,000th win since relocating to New Jersey in 1982, as the Devils improved to 1000-852-248
- - Nov 10 2009 Lou Lamorillo Inducted into HHOF
- -Novemeber 12 2007 Scott Stevens inducted to Hockey Hall of Fame
- -Devils Open their new home 'The ROCK' (Prudential Center)
Sat. 10/27/07 In Newark, N.J. (They're Finally 'Home')
- Saturday 9th vs. Penguins Stefan Matteau scores his 1st Career NHL goal vs. M.Fleury in 2nd per at 16:31 Andy Greene & Adam Larsson with the assists in a 3-1 Devils WIN
- February 15, 2013 Travis Zajak scores 40 seconds into the 1st period & fastest goal by a devil (just didn't hear weather all time, leauge or just season) vs. Philly Flyers
- February 21 2013 Andrei Loktionov scores his first as a Devil (I hope this is right.. They said 'last night' so)
- March 4 2013 David Clarkson plays in his 400th Career games in Toronto vs. the Mapleleafs
- March 23 2013 Martin brodeur Career WIN # 666 vs. Florida Panther & former teammate Scott Clemmensen in goal for the cats
2000 cup Ring
I have this in my collection. Its a good book but there were bits (as far as I remember having read a few years ago) that to me were missing, unless Brodeur plans to put out another book eventually. I love the pictures in it from his dad too.
I am a Devils Fan
People thought we were done,
then we became underdogs again
I am a Devils fan....
and we will ALWAYS be the team of the millennium
(stanley cup 2000 baby)
NOT the Rangers, Flyers, and we made Dallas see Stars!
(our foot wasn't in the crease!)
Player Nicknames (Past & Present) - (some may be from former prospects
some are official nicknames the guys call each other, or the few I've heard (if I can post them)
*notes one of mine (or i've heard from another fan)
PLEASE tell me WHY The Albany Devils coulnd't have been named this?
- Retired Devils
Ken Daneyko - Dano MR. Devil
Scott Stevens- Dad
Scott Neidermayer- Neids
Brandan Shanahan - Shanny (or being now the one who doles out the leauge punishment...)
*'Warden of the Looney Bin' (or sin bin if you will)
Sergei Nemchinov - Chimo
Bobby Holik- Herf
Sergei Brylin Sarge
Randy McKay Rocket
Claude Lemieux pepe
Alexander Mogilny - *Mookie
Chris Terreri T-bone
Adam Henrique- *Porntasche (ala 2012 playoffs) Cougar Bait*
David Clarkson - Clarky
Alexei Ponikarovsky- Poni (pony)
Andrei Loktionov- *Loki
- Former Devils (or prospects)
Richard Rochefot- Rocky
John Madden- Mad Dog Maddenov
Petr Sykora- Pizza
Scott Gomex- Gomer
Brian Gionta- Gio or *'My short Friend" Rochester Rocket
Jamie Langenbrunner- Pops (of the 'ZZ Pop' line)
Sheldon SOuray - *Superman *Ranger Killer
Brad bombardir- Bomber
Devils 'Hall of Fame' - for the Departed & Retired
This pretty much is anything whether I found it interesting or whatever other reason.
'The Ranger Killer' & Newly LEAFED
He may now be signed as a Maple Leaf (7 year deal) but I'm keepnig him here.
I LOVE this picture of him, and until I think of what to officially write, I'll just include some memories
I've been following Clarky since he was on the team's AHL afiliate farm team, the Albany River Rats.
Well they were called so at the time, I think he was a full fledged New Jersey Devil by the time the River Rats became the Lowell Devils.
While he was on the Rats, He always seemed pretty serious. Rarely if ever, did I see him smile, & maybe that's why (besides a certain fan of cougar age) I never got to say so much as a Hi to him.
A one of the booster club dinner functions, I had noticed his hand was wrapped. So as I was going out to get some air, I stopped by his seat and asked "Did you do that in a fight?" & His reply of course was (a shameful) Yes. So jokingly I gave him the shame shame then smiled and said jsut kidding, & hope he'd get better soon & I got a big smile.
If I remember correctly the first game I saw him play as a River Rat, I think he scored & maybe had a fight.
He would hang out with Cam Janssen & Mike Sgroi (Mike you can see ont he Hockey Enforcers DVD)
Hockey EnforcersBUY NOW
Clarky has won a Memorial Cup
was the 11th round pick for the Bellville (bulls?)
David's favorite Maple leaf growing up was Wendle Clark
Another time I don't recall if it was for his first goal or what, but I (pathetically) tried to find a twitter or FB account & failed but did find him on another networking site gave him my congrats & I actually got a reply!
On the Febrary 7th telecast against the Lightning it was mentioned that Clarky & Steven Stemkos trained together (with others) and had their own winter classic & played some pond hockey. They also announced the 2 were tied in scoring as well as a Staal brother were in the top in Scoring
March 4th (2013) vs. the Leafs they was David's 400th career NHL game. (wow that was fast!)
David has 6 career goals in 11 games vs. his hometown leafs
Clarky Off sides
2003 Cup ring
I am a Devils Fan....
from October to april am NOT ashamed to show my horns and let my tail out!
Hand to Hand passes
- Official New Jersey Devils website
The teams official site
- Official Patrick Elias Site
From hockey to off ice happenings
- My man's wiki page
Petr Sykora bio
- Pruential center
The Devils Arena
- New Jersey Devils wiki page
Devils wiki page
- The Albany Devils
Official Website of The New Jersey Devils pro Affiliate farm team of the AHL
- The American Hockey League
Home of the ALbany Devils
- Scott Gomez's foundation
providing opportunities & assistence to youth Hockey in Alaska
- Official NJ Devils Fan CLub
all the info you need
- World Audio hockey Site
Where the players speak.
- Devils beat reports blog
NEws, buzz & more from the star ledger
- ESPN Devils Blog
Nws & Notes
DEVILS' 2013 Abbriviated seasaon Record - Game notes are usually posted after game
Don't get too used to this.. I thought to keep tack of their record being as it was an abbreviated season and the Inaugural one for this page. So as far as I plan this is a one season only gig. (maybe certain games I'll keep track of in the future)
- Sat. January 19 @NY Islanders Devils win 2-1 Travis Zajac & David Clarkson 1st goals of season (& Clarkson's the Game winner)
- tuesday Jan 22 vs Flyers Zajac & Clarkson again score the first 2 goals & Kovalchuck with his first of the season & Brodeur gets the Shutout WIN Start- Brodeur
- Friday January 25 vs. Washington Capitals Stephen Gionta & Patrick Elias 1st goals of their season The game went Into OT with Kovalchuck getting the 3-2 OT WIN Start Brodeur
- Sunday 27 @ Montreal Canadians The "Battle of the Giontas" Montreal scores first 2 goals and Devils get on the board thanks to Elias. Then we have a 3in 3 (3rd goal in 3rd per.) for Montreal and the Devils' Carkson answers with his 3rd of the season for the and Zubrus ties it all up at 3-3 going to OT & Markov for Montreal give the Devils' their first LOSS
- Tuesday 29th @ Boston Bruins Devils' David Clarkson (4th of season) Bruins' Nathan Horton game is Tied goes to OT then Shootout Boston's Tyler Seguin & Brad Marchand scores & Ilya Kovalchuck for the Devils Shoot out LOSS
- Thursday 31st vs NY Islander Devils 4-5 OT LOSS Devils goals from Steve Bernier, Ryan Carter, Henrik Tallinder, Adam Henrique all are their 1st goals of the season
- Saturday February 2nd vs. Pittsburgh Penguins a 5-1 Shorthanded Goal by Andy Greene & 1st LOSS in regulation
Starting Goalie - Brodeur
Ends Clarkson's Point a game streak
- Sunday 3rd (Superbowl Sunday) vs. NY Islanders 3pm 3-0 Devils' WINSteve Bernier 2 goals & Clarkson empty netter
in Goal- Headberg
- Tuesday 5th v Rangers Goals by The Ranger Killers Adam Henrique (2) & David Clarkson (6 & 7) in a 3-1 WIN
Tweet by @NHLDevilsPR
DeBoer on Clarkson: "He's picked up right where he left off last year."
Stars of the Night
3 Elias 3 assists
2 Clarkson 2 goals & 1 assist
#1 Martin Brodeur
- Thursday 7th vs Lightning 4-2 WIN goals from Adam Henrique (3) A Shorthanded goal from Kovalchuck (3) Andy Greene & Patrick Elias.
- saturday 9th vs. Penguins who scored but one goal then the Devils wake up
Stefan Matteau scores his 1st Career NHL goal vs. Fleury in 2nd per at 16:31 for the Tie
and Bobby Butler Scores his first as a Devils & Adam Henrique scores in 4th on the season both PPGs for the WIN
- Sunday 10 @Pittsburgh Johan Headberg starts for the Devils & Vokun for the Pens
This time the devils start the scoring with Clarkson (8) at lucky 13:06 of the first then Ilya Kovalchuck (4) & another one from Clarkson this tim eon the power play in the 2nd for his 9th goal of the season. 3rd period all for naught James neal scores for the penguins on the Pen Power Play and that's all folks Devils WIN sweepping the home & home. (thank goodness after that initial first game against the pens!)
- Tuesday 12 vs Hurricanes Kovalchuck's (5) laser that was so fast you didn't see it & they continued playing &
Ryan Carter (2) the only devils scorers in this 4-2 LOSS
- Friday 15 Flyers Devils Travis Zajak scores his 3rd of theseason 40 seconds in to start the game (& if I heard right) The fastest goal by a devil. (All time or ??) the Flyers get 2 goals withint 2.5 minutes. 2nd period Devils tie things up & Welcome Back Ponikarovsky (3)! Elias Scores & we go to the third with #10 on the Season David Clarkson which puts him in the running for the Richard trophy this season!! & only 1 behjind to tie for the lead for it!!! Steve Bernier(4) gets the winner
- 16 vs. NYI 5-1 LOSS Zidlicky the only scorer for the devils.
- Monday 18th vs. Sens Devils score first from Stephen Gionta (2) end of Regulation & we go to OT no Goals so we have a shootout!
Kovi, Elias & Bobby Butler for ours & We don't score. SO LOSS
- Thursday 21 Capitals Devils WIN 3-2 Goals from Elias Loktionov (or Loki as I've been calling him) & Kovi with the game winner.
- Saturday 23 @ Capitals 5-1 LOSS Ilya Kovalchuk the devils' goal.
- Sunday 24 vs Jets LOSS 4-2 Travis Zajac & Steve Bernier
- Thursday 28th @ winnipeg Winnipeg Jets currently 1-3 LOSS Loktionov (2) with the goal for the devils
- Sat March 2 @ Buffalo4-3 SO LOSS
Devils goals by Steve Bernier (6) & Short handed goal by Adam Henrique (5) & LOKtIonov (3) (really liking the new guy so far.. mmm I think Loki just may be a good fit for the nick name!) W/ Headberg in net
- Mon 4 @Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2 LOSS Marek Zidlicky with is 2nd & 3rd of the season
- tue 5 vs. Lightning Won the fights but lost the game 5-2 Keith Kincaid in net Henrique (SHG) & Elias (PPG) goals
- Thursday 7th vs. Sabres FINALLY! We WON No goals for anyone in the first then the 2nd the sabres scored 2x then in the Third Devils Henrique & Elias we go to a Shootout and Win with goals from Clarkson & Elias
- Sat 9th @ Hurricanes 6-3 LOSS Kovi 2 goals & Patrick Elias
- Sun 10th vs. Winnipeg Jets another Hedberg start 3-2 WIN Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta & Elias (Hedberg has started the past few games due ot a Brodeur injury)
- WEd 13 vs. Flyers 5-2 WIN goals by Elias, Kovi, Loki, & 2 by Henrique
- friday 15 @ Philadelphia 2-1 SO LOSS Clarkson goal (11) Kovi SO goal.
- Saturday 16 vs. Montreal Devils 2-1 LOSS Peter harrold the goal
- Tuesday 19 vs. Rangers 3-2 LOSS Travis Zajac & Anton Volchenkov the Golas
- Thursday 21st. @ Hurricanes OMG!! Brodeur's back & scores a POWER PLAY GOAL!!!
2nd period Henrique & Peter harrold score and a rd period goal from the 'cane but finally we WIN
- Sat 23 vs. Panthers 2-1 Brodeur WIN for his 666th game! Elias (10)& Clarkson (12) goals
larky is still the Devils leading scorer and scored a goal tonight after a goal drought.
- Mon 25 @ Senators 3-2 LOSS Loki & Zid (Zidlicky) the Goals
- Friday 29th @ Lightning 5-4 SO LOSS Loki, Tom Kostopoulos , Andy Greene, & Ryan Carter the devils goals
(& Brodeur start)
- Saturday 30 @ Panthers 3-2 LOSS Bernier x2
- April 1 vs. Islanders 3-1 LOSS Poni the lone goal for the devils
- 4 @ Bruins Jagr lone goal for Bruins in a 1-0 LOSS for the devils AGAIN! & first time we were shut out this season
Brodeur & Rask the Goalies
- 6 vs Leafs AGAIN!! LOSS 2-1 well at least Clarky finally got another goal. I guess we can kiss the Playoffs goodbye but on a bright note, the Return of Stvie Sullian! (& Funny That back with his first team, against the 2nd team he was on (& where I met him in Toronto)
- 7 @ Sabres 2-3 LOSS The re-DEVILED Stevie Sullivan GOAL! in the 1st. Mark Fayne in the 3rd & and Marty Brodeur still can't get past that 666th win!
Come on Marty yeah as a Devil fan its amusing you got your 666th win & all but it would have been just as much if we had gotten Miro Satan & slapped a 6 on his back! Get over it & move ON ! but then again would we have a chance to get back in?
- 10 vs Bruins 4-5 LOSS we did come from behind but as my dad says "Almost only counts in Horseshoes & Handgrenades" Goals from Elias, a Short hander from Zajac, Andy Greene, & D'agostini
- 12 vs. Senators 2-0 LOSS
- 15 @ Maple Leafs LOSS & with that (I think) officially OUT of the playoffs!
- 18 @ Flyers 3-0 wait are you sitting? WIN Ryan Carter, Matt Diagostini & Adam Henrique
- 20th @ Panthers WIN 6-2 2 from Elias and the rest are Clarkson, Carter, Gionta & Zubrus & Clarky is back as Devils' top scorer!
- 21 @ Rangers 4-1 LOSS Loki scored for us & as for the rejects... 1 each for Taylor Pyatt & Derek Stepan & 2 for Ryan Callahan,
- 23 vs. Candiens WIN 3-2 Elias Josefson & Sullivan
- 25 vs. Penguins 2-2 Zajac & Clarkson (15th)
- 27 @ Rangers 4-0 LOSS & that is the END of our season....
Enjoy the playoffs.. I'm going for my former fave devils.... (& a certain Canadian team) the Kings if they'r ein again for Mitchell Ducks (SOuray) Wild for Parise & the LEafs! even broke out the Darcy Tucker hat!